• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitches & Errors Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just talk and report glitches & errors, even potential ones. This isn't a thread to really fix them but to bring attention to them. If a patch to fix these glitches and errors have been announced or executed, please bring attention to them.

So this is a really annoying error in Pokemon SwSh of recently. At first I wasn't sure but this appears to be confirmed considering more people recently have reported this exact same issue. Transferred Pokemon in Safari Balls, Sports Balls and any other types of Pokeballs not obtainable in the base game of SwSh cannot be battled or traded online even if your Pokemon are legitimate (meaning you got them fairly, no hacking).

EDIT: The Pokeball Glitch that locks out Pokemon from online has been fixed.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
When I Surprise Trade, sometimes the screen that says "Trade complete!" stays even after I collected the Pokemon or if I haven't traded one yet. I try to cancel it but it tells me I can only do one trade at a time. It even stays after I disconnected from the Internet.

shoz999

This appears to be a random glitch from Pokemon of Pokemon Bank only but there may be a chance that the Pokemon you transferred from Bank will lose their Hyper Training status. This happened to me but as others have reported that their Pokemon from Pokemon Bank have Hyper Training, this appears to be a random glitch.

shoz999

Okay so I have some potentially really good news for one error. It appears that the error for banning Pokemon in Pokeballs not available in the base game is fixed. As in you might be able to battle and trade online with Pokemon in Safari Balls, Sport Balls etc. without any issues but here's the thing. I'm not entirely sure because I literally have one Pokemon in a Safari Ball, Toxicroak and she was able to battle online without any problems. I don't know if this fix is the same for Sport balls and other unavailable balls, I'm not sure about trading but it seems like they fixed the ball issue and I'd appreciate it if you guys can further confirm this.

SonDaan

Vive Le Vélo
Anyone can confirm that it's safe to do surprise trades again? People were getting hacked mons that messed up their save files and prevented using the Y Comm.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I've done quite a few surprise trades lately with no problem. That said, if you don't want to take any chances, don't use it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
No news on a fix?
Not that I know of. They've been patching Home, but haven't heard of any recent patching for Sword and Shield.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Has anyone noticed the text describing Obstruct is a thinner font than the rest of the moves? The difference is negligible and can only be seen clear when you compare it IG.

Marcos S.

I've just found and caught a Braviary in my Pokemon Shield Version. Thought those were exclusives to Sword, Did this happened to anyone else?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Could it be due to a special event?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Maybe, but i didn't found anything on the internet about this, that's why i came here to see if it happened to someone else.
I've seen some pop up on the y comm feed, but none in my copy of Shield.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I've just updated the Wild Area News and went to a random Raid Battle and it appeared. I only play the Shield version, that's why i'm thinking this is unusual.
Then it probably was on your y comm. Only way it can show up via Shield version.

Marcos S.

Then it probably was on your y comm. Only way it can show up via Shield version.

Didn't know they could appear even if from the y comm, that's a first! Didn't find anything in Bulbapedia, YouTube videos and even here on Serebii, that's why i thought it was some sort of glitch/error.

Last edited by a moderator: