1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Glitches & Errors Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by shoz999, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:27 PM.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Just talk and report glitches & errors, even potential ones. This isn't a thread to really fix them but to bring attention to them. If a patch to fix these glitches and errors have been announced or executed, please bring attention to them.

So this is a really annoying error in Pokemon SwSh of recently. At first I wasn't sure but this appears to be confirmed considering more people recently have reported this exact same issue. Transferred Pokemon in Safari Balls, Sports Balls and any other types of Pokeballs not obtainable in the base game of SwSh cannot be battled or traded online even if your Pokemon are legitimate (meaning you got them fairly, no hacking).

Ophie likes this.
  2. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

When I Surprise Trade, sometimes the screen that says "Trade complete!" stays even after I collected the Pokemon or if I haven't traded one yet. I try to cancel it but it tells me I can only do one trade at a time. It even stays after I disconnected from the Internet.

3. shoz999

This appears to be a random glitch from Pokemon of Pokemon Bank only but there may be a chance that the Pokemon you transferred from Bank will lose their Hyper Training status. This happened to me but as others have reported that their Pokemon from Pokemon Bank have Hyper Training, this appears to be a random glitch.

4. shoz999

Okay so I have some potentially really good news for one error. It appears that the error for banning Pokemon in Pokeballs not available in the base game is fixed. As in you might be able to battle and trade online with Pokemon in Safari Balls, Sport Balls etc. without any issues but here's the thing. I'm not entirely sure because I literally have one Pokemon in a Safari Ball, Toxicroak and she was able to battle online without any problems. I don't know if this fix is the same for Sport balls and other unavailable balls, I'm not sure about trading but it seems like they fixed the ball issue and I'd appreciate it if you guys can further confirm this.