• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hitman Absolution

Gamer Fluttershy

This game is criminally underrated and why? For being a clone of Metal Gear Solid...but tell me...is that such a bad thing? That makes NO sense for criticism, there need to be MORE games like Metal Gear Solid, I've seen reviewers give scores as low as 5/10 for this game because it's too much like Metal Gear Solid...WHAT!!!???

That's crazy, that would be like criticizing Burger King's Big King Burger for tasting too much like a McDonald's Big Mac <.<

Also, you can create your own contracts and submit them for other players to do, I find this feature to be really unique, I made one called Charlie's Bad Fur Day where Charlie got fired from his Hot Sauce Company and he has to Assassinate the Hotsauce Triad.

The only reviewer I have seen give this game the score it deserves is IGN with a 9.0 out of 10. How can ANYONE hate this game because it's too much like Metal Gear Solid? I find it to be a MUCH more enjoyable experience then the other Hitman games which were unplayable for me even on the easiest mode and I beat The Darkness 2 on Don difficulty in 2 days.

This game rivals Metal Gear Solid 3 for me for best Stealth game. What do you guys think?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Most of the older fans agree the game was arse. Nothing like the old Hitman games.

Also, care to link or quote some of the reviewer comparison, and tell us exactly why the game is as good as MGS3 in your opinion.

Gamer Fluttershy

Most of the older fans agree the game was arse. Nothing like the old Hitman games.

Also, care to link or quote some of the reviewer comparison, and tell us exactly why the game is as good as MGS3 in your opinion.

The two games are alot alike, you need to change disguises to blend in, the levels are small yet hold TONS of secrets and there's different ways to complete each level and the game rewards you for replaying levels, the game has ALOT of replay value and is criminally underrated.

Abstinence Pistols

The two games are alot alike, you need to change disguises to blend in, the levels are small yet hold TONS of secrets and there's different ways to complete each level and the game rewards you for replaying levels, the game has ALOT of replay value and is criminally underrated.

I highly suggest Hitman: Blood Money if you're interested in that kind of thing. As someone who loved MGS3 and played both the Hitman games Blood Money is a lot more open and varied than Absolution is and it sounds like it would be right up your alley.

The problem in Absolution playing too much like Metal Gear Solid is that MGS in general is a pretty linear game, and Hitman isn't, so when they made Absolution more linear people were pissed. This is probably a god-awful analogy but it would be like someone at Ubisoft saying "huh, Far Cry is pretty popular, but Half-Life is even more popular and that's an FPS too. Why don't we take some cues from them for our next game even though the two are the complete antithesis of each other?"

Dwlr

Banned
Opinions are opinions, each entitled to their own. You like it that's great you can write a good review for it as easily as people who write poor reviews in the end it comes down to personally preference and the only thing you can do is give reasons for your opinions not argue whom is 'right' or whom is 'wrong'. The metascore on metacritic is a 79 so if it's a good game for you I'd hardly say it's 'underrated'.

As for being a clone and acting like that's always a 'bad' thing is kind of a cop-out trying to blame that for a score you think is too low. Bayonetta is a basically a God of War clone at heart and the general consensus is it was good. Being a clone isn't in and of itself a bad thing, the thing that hurts opinions is when something is a clone and comes off largely inferior without it's own redeeming factors that being a 'clone' is taken negatively. With a game that has already established itself changing that formula is likely to ruffle more than a few feathers which is what Absolution did with what Hitman already had.

Abstinence Pistols

Bayonetta is a basically a God of War clone at heart

I don't want to drag this thread too far off topic but

[img300]http://p.twimg.com/A1-uAiZCMAEuvKK.jpg:large[/img300]

God of War is not the entire genre, the closest comparison is Devil May Cry (especially considering Bayonetta's director Hideki Kamiya worked on DMC3). In fact Bayonetta is FAR closer to DMC3 in almost every way than anything else in the genre.

Last edited:

Dwlr

Banned
I don't want to drag this thread too far off topic but

[img300]http://p.twimg.com/A1-uAiZCMAEuvKK.jpg:large[/img300]

God of War is not the entire genre, the closest comparison is Devil May Cry (especially considering Bayonetta's director Hideki Kamiya worked on DMC3). In fact Bayonetta is FAR closer to DMC3 in almost every way than anything else in the genre.
God of War reinvented the genre, yes Devil May Cry is closer to Bayonetta considering the heritage, but that doesn't remove the similarities to other games like God of War which Devil May Cry and God of War are similar themselves.

Abstinence Pistols

God of War reinvented the genre, yes Devil May Cry is closer to Bayonetta considering the heritage, but that doesn't remove the similarities to other games like God of War which Devil May Cry and God of War are similar themselves.

But God of War doesn't have nearly the same focus as Bayonetta. God of War focuses on large-scale cinematics more than anything, unlike Bayonetta which is a hell of a lot more focused on the actual scoring and combat aspect. Just because Half-Life may have reinvented the FPS doesn't mean a game like Unreal is closer to that than an arena FPS. Bayonetta is not just similar to DMC3 "considering the heritage", it is extremely similar in its gameplay. God of War is about as far away from Bayonetta as you can get in that genre within the last generation.

stay classy sppf

Last edited:

MarcusKincaid

But God of War doesn't have nearly the same focus as Bayonetta. God of War focuses on large-scale cinematics more than anything, unlike Bayonetta which is a hell of a lot more focused on the actual scoring and combat aspect. Just because Half-Life may have reinvented the FPS doesn't mean a game like Unreal is closer to that than an arena FPS. Bayonetta is not just similar to DMC3 "considering the heritage", it is extremely similar in its gameplay. God of War is about as far away from Bayonetta as you can get in that genre within the last generation.

stay classy sppf

God of War rewards the combos and such too. When you consider the heritage of something to me that means considering everything that was passed down from another game to the game in question so I don't see how what you said and what he said are any different really. Gameplay-wise Bayonetta and God of War feel the same to me with a number of button mashing combination coupled with quick-time events during combat.