• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ipod Question

Should I sell the iPod I have now for the new one?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
Okay, I'm so not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my question does have to do with technology. So as most you may know, a new model of the iPod Nano came out today. I was not aware of it at all, and I just found out about it. I think it is amazing, and - being an artistic person obsessed with color - I love the freaking hippie-rific colors it comes in.

So here is my dilemma: I just bought - being stupid and unaware of a new model being released - a 3rd Generation iPod Nano. I just got it near the end of June, so it is new with just a somewhat scratched back. So here is my question for you, should I sell the iPod I have now to get this new model?

And a side question that is irrelevant: If yes, what color should I get? I can't decide between blue, orange, yellow, and green.

pkmnhippy

Banned
Keep it and paint it if you like color, future models have no real important features you need to worry about, and if memory is a problem, just replace the hard drive.

Problem solved.

BCVM22

and if memory is a problem, just replace the hard drive.

On a device that doesn't allow for such modifications? What a great idea.

Unless you absolutely, positively have to have a new iPod with what are essentially cosmetic modifications, there's absolutely no reason to bite on Apple's shiny new bait. Put your money towards something you really need.

BCVM22

You can modify it, I've know heaps of people who has done it before.

To physically swap out the hard drive - and for the record, the Nanos don't use a hard drive, they use flash memory - would be significantly more trouble and money than it's worth. If you get to the point that you've filled up your iPod and swapping songs in and out via iTunes isn't an attractive option for whatever reason, then buying a larger size is worthwhile.

pkmnhippy

Banned
Oh, It's a nano, and you only care about color, just buy a case.
I really don't know why I didn't think of that earlier, I think I've even seen some pokémon cases on ebay.
What the f*ck made me think of painting it XD.

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
Just so you know, I don't only care about color - it just happens to be a big factor for me. It has a bunch of other cool features on it too, like Genius, the Shake Shuffle, and the Turning Function.

*~Aipom Star~*

5 Years Time~
I'd say don't bother. An iPod's an iPod - it basically does the same thing as the one you already have, so what's the point in buying a new one?

BCVM22

Just so you know, I don't only care about color - it just happens to be a big factor for me. It has a bunch of other cool features on it too, like Genius, the Shake Shuffle, and the Turning Function.

None of which, alone or combined, are themselves worth the cost of a new iPod.

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
I bought a $170 dollar iPod Nano... I sold it for $130 dollars, and now I bought my new one for $211 dollars. It was so worth it. And it was more like I spent $121 dollars... not $300.

Cobalt_Latios

Okay, I'm so not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my question does have to do with technology. So as most you may know, a new model of the iPod Nano came out today. I was not aware of it at all, and I just found out about it. I think it is amazing, and - being an artistic person obsessed with color - I love the freaking hippie-rific colors it comes in.

So here is my dilemma: I just bought - being stupid and unaware of a new model being released - a 3rd Generation iPod Nano. I just got it near the end of June, so it is new with just a somewhat scratched back. So here is my question for you, should I sell the iPod I have now to get this new model?

And a side question that is irrelevant: If yes, what color should I get? I can't decide between blue, orange, yellow, and green.
You're not alone. I just discovered it. I honestly think Apple made this iPod to compete with the Microsoft Zune. Afterall, they're of the same basic look and design (with the whole "side view" thing). Not really something I'd buy, as I'm happy with mine.

You can modify it, I've know heaps of people who has done it before.
Well, there are people who have modified the firmware, but that's only do-able on the previous models (I won't go into specifics, but anything pre-2006 won't work). Otherwise, most of this stuff is just replacing the battery. I've seen it done (on youtube...), but It's risky.

No, you paid $251 total for that new iPod. You bought it for $170, you sold it for $130. You lost $40 right there.

But whatever, your money.
Hey, that's nothing. I bought an iPod Classic 80GB for 250 (or, whatever it's selling at right now) and thanks to my province's lovely PST+GST combo, there was an additional 13% taxes added to it. So... I really "paid" for it.

I still have an older 30 GB 5th gen classic, but I was lucky enough to get it refurbished for only 200, and that's without the insane taxes.

Btw, since you have this new thing, when you watch movies, how exactly do you get it to play "sideways"?

~C_L~

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
Well, the new 4th Gen. Nano has motion features such as shake shuffling and certain tilt features. It's up to you...

I also have a 3rd Gen. Nano and will probably be buying a 4th Gen. soon. I'm looking at Green or Blue for color.

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
Well, the new 4th Gen. Nano has motion features such as shake shuffling and certain tilt features. It's up to you...

I also have a 3rd Gen. Nano and will probably be buying a 4th Gen. soon. I'm looking at Green or Blue for color.

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
It plays video automatically on it's side. You don't have to turn it to make it play that way, but you do have to turn it if you want to watch the video in the right direction...

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
It plays video automatically on it's side. You don't have to turn it to make it play that way, but you do have to turn it if you want to watch the video in the right direction...