• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Java Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off this might not be with Java, it might be with Windows Firewall which I have to keep on.

I have a list of exceptions that allows certain programs to bypass the firewall (java.exe, javaw.exe, javacpl.exe, etc.). Everytime I try opening an internet window to www.serebii.net/chat.shtml or as soon as Runescape starts loading (once it hits the page where Java starts up) the internet page simply closes.

For some reason I think it might be my firewall (dont say "turn it off" because I can't, my parents (I'm 19) do their online banking on the home computer, this is my laptop I'm on and the firewall prevents phishers from getting my parents bank info)

I also recently started playing Runescape Private servers which required me to download Java Environment 6.0 and JDK 6.0 and so they may also be the problem, but I'm not sure.

What is wrong? I have Windows XP home, Internet Explorer 7.0, Java Environment 6.0, Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.

charlotte Z

It seems that this forum does not have many Java developers or someone who know java well. I was wondering if I need to post my question. or no one replied.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Don't post in threads that haven't been posted in foir over a month. Read the rules.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.