• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Original Warranty

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
How many days is the STANDARD warranty without the extra 90-day one?

Chris

Old Coot
Depends on what exactly it is you're talking about. System? Game? Handheld? What?

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Wii.

The console system.

Chris

Old Coot
You have a whole year, as stated here.

You can also register the console here for an additional 90-days.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Ah, thanks for the reply.

fhqwhgads

You can also warrant it at the store you bought it at, but it's usually somewhat expensive(about $100 for a 360, so I'm assuming the Wii might have a $50, if there's any price change at all). The only real benefit is it being a backup in case it covers something Nintendo does not, or if you don't want to wait for it to go through the mail.

Naraku_Diabolos

DNC20/NIN10
I had to send my GBASP in one time to Nintendo. The L button got stuck (for some reason, that has now been happening to me on my DSs, but ONLY the L button for some reason) and it wouldn't click right when playing games. When I sent it into Nintendo, they couldn't repair it, so they gave me a new GBASP (same cobalt blue color).

But what the heck is up with my L buttons on my handhelds? Since the DS's L buttons get stuck (won't click while playing games), they do get unstuck from time to time and then they get stuck again. I wonder what the problem is. It does it on all my other games as well.

OT: Nintendo's original warranty, as Chris stated, is a year, but if registered it's 90 days more. Plus, if you don't tamper with the device before you send it in and they can't fix it, they can then give you a new one. But I wonder, since you have a Wii, if they can transfer your game information to another Wii if it can't be repaired and they replace it...

#Gecko#

The Essential One
But what the heck is up with my L buttons on my handhelds? Since the DS's L buttons get stuck (won't click while playing games), they do get unstuck from time to time and then they get stuck again. I wonder what the problem is. It does it on all my other games as well.
That happened to me on my silver GBASP(yes L Button), but I manage to fix it by clicking it carefully.

Chris

Old Coot
But I wonder, since you have a Wii, if they can transfer your game information to another Wii if it can't be repaired and they replace it...
They could, but kiss whatever Virtual Console games you have goodbye as those are non-transferable. Though I hear they sometimes make it up to you by giving you back the amount of points you paid for them and whatever you might have had extra stored on the Wii.

Chris

Old Coot
Can't save 'em on micro cards. For whatever damned reason, they won't let you save them on those.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
They could, but kiss whatever Virtual Console games you have goodbye as those are non-transferable. Though I hear they sometimes make it up to you by giving you back the amount of points you paid for them and whatever you might have had extra stored on the Wii.

Nintendo does transfer your account. You just have to download all of them again. It's best to copy your save data on your games to a MicroSD Card, which you can do. I've done it before but my Wii hasn't broken so no issues anyway.

~Scott;229;

Rave

Banned
Can't save 'em on micro cards. For whatever damned reason, they won't let you save them on those.

I hope they'll have a downloadable update later to fix that problem soon.

Naraku_Diabolos

DNC20/NIN10
Wait, since you can save your saved data from VC games onto those SD cards, you can erase the VC game itself and keep the data. If your Wii is running low on saving space, erase the game data (not saved game data), you can easily download the game again and continue with your saved data (since the game is shown as downloaded onto your account as mentioned). Sorry for getting off-topic there, I think that's also another idea to save space on downloaded content.