• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Potential Coding/Programming Group

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Greetings,

I just started my programming journey, learning C# and looking to build projects. Was wondering if there were any others doing the same looking to break into technology who might want a sense of community or maybe do a weekly/biweekly little meetup. It always is motivating to work with others around you and trade minds. Maybe a Discord or if anyone wants to add me on Discord who's into programming, I have my eye on C#, Python and Java. :)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Greetings,

I just started my programming journey, learning C# and looking to build projects. Was wondering if there were any others doing the same looking to break into technology who might want a sense of community or maybe do a weekly/biweekly little meetup. It always is motivating to work with others around you and trade minds. Maybe a Discord or if anyone wants to add me on Discord who's into programming, I have my eye on C#, Python and Java. :)
This is a great idea. Community always makes learning easier by having other people to bounce things off of, and teaching others helps you retain more too.

I’ve been in tech for 15 years and I struggle with any programming languages that aren’t PowerShell. And I really want to learn Python and Go.

Morax

King of heroes
Greetings,

i would recommed starting with python and java cuz they are more relevant today. A big advantage that Java has over C# in this regard is that C# runs on .Net, which locks you into the Windows ecosystem, whereas the JVM runs on anything (and Android even uses Java without the JVM). There's also a lot more third-party support and open source software for Java, which makes it an attractive choice for a lot of companies

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
A big advantage that Java has over C# in this regard is that C# runs on .Net, which locks you into the Windows ecosystem,
That hasn’t been true since 2016 when Microsoft released .Net Core and VS Code with support on Linux and MacOS.

Morax

King of heroes
That hasn’t been true since 2016 when Microsoft released .Net Core and VS Code with support on Linux and MacOS.
Did they? Guess i’ve been living under a rock.

Be that as it may, java simply pays more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bichyungu

I am interested. I have a few certifications in those programming areas but never had the actual chance to use them.

Social media group gathering?