• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackdiamond

i dont know if this is the right place to post these..so here is go
1)if you breed a pokemon from a hacked pokemon with perfect IVs will the newborn be hacked or not?
2)are there any tricks to find out if a pokemon has hacked IVs?
3)guys from smogon have lots of pokemon with IVs like 31/20/31/31/31/31 and they say that are not hacked.how is this possible?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
1)if you breed a pokemon from a hacked pokemon with perfect IVs will the newborn be hacked or not?
3)guys from smogon have lots of pokemon with IVs like 31/20/31/31/31/31 and they say that are not hacked.how is this possible?
1. Depends on who you ask. I don't recommend using hacks to often.

2. Other than working out they have Max IV that really all you can do.

3. There is a small chance for getting 5 perfect IVs. They've worked the chances for it.

Grand~Kingdra

Flawless Collector
3. There is a small chance for getting 5 perfect IVs. They've worked the chances for it.

im sorry but I beg to differ, I am an IV Breeder and I must say for me, about 2/5 have IV's like that. perfect ivs are not so rare either if you are breeding the right pokemon, some natures are exteremely rare while many are quite common. Sorry if this sounded rude, i do not mean to sound like a "flamer". I could just be really lucky although, I have no idea about how it is down in the coding

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
im sorry but I beg to differ, I am an IV Breeder and I must say for me, about 2/5 have IV's like that. perfect ivs are not so rare either if you are breeding the right pokemon, some natures are exteremely rare while many are quite common. Sorry if this sounded rude, i do not mean to sound like a "flamer". I could just be really lucky although, I have no idea about how it is down in the coding
Ok, you can make it easier.

But still 5 perfect IVs is not 1 in 100, its a lot harder find, even if you've got good parents. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20650

Admittedly, HGSS Changes may have tools increase your chances, but still, you may not find the right Pokémon in your first box.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
1.) Technically a hack-checker wouldn't catch it because coding-wise, it would have been normally generated by the game. But it would probably be considered frowned upon by most.
2.) Not that I know of that don't involve hacking to look at the PID (in which case, yes, technically there is a way). In some instances with caught shinies, there are impossible IV combinations, but other than that, it'd be hard to tell without hacking into things yourself (which I always thought seemed counter-intuitive..).
3.) They were probably RNGed. Other than that, the chances of getting IVs like that are very slim (but not impossible).

1) Technically no

2)Yes, there are certain iv combos that are illegal (only for wild pokemon, they don't apply to bred pokemon, and PID's can be checked as well for either)

3)It's not that hard to breed a quintflawless pokemon, I myself have done it quite a few times. Most people on smogon use a method called Rng Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.