• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slaking

GeminiDragon

I AM THE NIGHT!!!
i need to know what to give my slaking that i am training for battle frontier

this is what i am planning

Slaking@Lefties
Nature: Adamant/jolly
shadowball
earthquake
substitute
focus punch

thanks in advance for your help

Tazzler

Return/Earthquake/Fire Blast/Shadow Ball@Choice Band and Adamant

Slaking used substitute!
Pokemon used attack!
The sub took damage.
If it broke and you stay in: Pokemon used attack and slaking was damaged.
If not: Pokemon used attack and broke the sub!
Slaking used focus punch and pokemon used attack and slaking's attack failed.

It wouldn't have time to subpunch.

Last edited:

Alfonc

D/P is almost here!!
Slaking@Choice Band
Adamant nature
Ev's 252 Attack/Speed,6 HP

Return/Double-Edge
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Focus Punch/Fire Blast

Slaking@Choice Band
? Nature
Substitute
Focus Punch
Return/Yawn
Flamethrower - ?/depends on speed?

Many have smiliar ideas but I DON'T WANT anyone threatening me.

Tazzler

Substiute and yawn do not work with choice band and subpunching slaking is almsot as stupid as subflailing slaking. Use CBslaking posted by me.

Last edited:

Crypted Wolf

Hyper Beam works for the last slot as well.

Crypted Wolf

GeminiDragon said:
i don't know about that becasue i heard from many of my friends that hyper beam on slacking sucks
I could work, But focus Punch>>>Hyer beam on Slaking.
Hyper beam works because it ability will prevent it from moving on the next turn anyway :\.

KingBattlus

i don't lose
the problem with hyper beam is that the turn that you would be loafing around is a forced stay in if you used hyper beam, whereas if you used return, you could anticipate the attack the opponent would use and switch to a resistant type. that's why return is suggested over hyper beam... with max happiness the power is 102, and with stab the power is 154, which is still a damn good attack, and with choice band, it's 231 i believe, so not a bad attack. hyper beam would be 150, with stab it's 225, and with the choice band it's 338.5. obviously the advantage looks nice, but say they switch to something resistant, say an aggron with focus punch, now you're facing a very beefy focus punch. all in all, the difference looks appealing to use hyper beam, but it pays off to use return.

Crypted Wolf

Thats why i said Focus Punch>>>Hyper Beam.
Oh yeah BTW, If you use Hyper Beam you are unable to switch out.

Shock

<--- Teh kewl ghost!
GeminiDragon said:
i need to know what to give my slaking that i am training for battle frontier

this is what i am planning

Slaking@Lefties
Nature: Adamant/jolly
shadowball
earthquake
Return
focus punch/brick break

thanks in advance for your help

Hope I helped!

Due to the ability of Slaking, it's best to have Hyper Beam like everyone else, also moves that keep the pokemon imobile is something good depends to the pokemon's ability/effect. If it can learn dark type moves, Crunch is alright. Also, people need to know that it's good to have a pokemon with a variety/selection of different types of movesets. Also due to the ability, leftovers is a good coverage to heal and not being to attack at the same time. In general, have moves suitable for the pokemon, Slaking.

Freakshow

Jibaku
Tazzler said:
Return/Earthquake/Fire Blast/Shadow Ball@Choice Band and Adamant

Slaking used substitute!
Pokemon used attack!
The sub took damage.
If it broke and you stay in: Pokemon used attack and slaking was damaged.
If not: Pokemon used attack and broke the sub!
Slaking used focus punch and pokemon sued attack and slaking's attack failed.

It wouldn't have time to subpunch.
Actually:
Slaking used Substitute!
Poke used Attack
Slaking's sub took the damage.
The sub faded
Slaking is tightening its focus
Foe does whatever
Slaking is loafing around

Yes, Truant will bite you.

Use Tazzler's/Shiny Mewtwo's set there. Slaking does not have a variety of options anyway for me to post a new set

miloticlord said:
Slaking@Choice Band
? Nature
Substitute
Focus Punch
Return/Yawn
Flamethrower - ?/depends on speed?

Many have smiliar ideas but I DON'T WANT anyone threatening me.
Lol CB with sub and Yawn

Ezra, please shut up if you dont have anything useful to say. try suggesting instead of loling.

Slaking is best used as a hit and run choice bander, i prefer;

@CB
Adamant/Jolly
252Attack/Speed/6HP
Return/Body Slam
Shadowball
Earthquake
Fireblast/Thunder/Focus Punch/Brick Break/Aerial Ace

Last slot in order of preference, i prefer fire blast, but thunder can work. Just remember to switch after an attack if you anticipate something dangerous, so truant doesnt bite you in the ***.

Akayfortyseven said:
Ezra, please shut up if you dont have anything useful to say. try suggesting instead of loling.

Slaking is best used as a hit and run choice bander, i prefer;

@CB
Adamant/Jolly
252Attack/Speed/6HP
Return/Body Slam
Shadowball
Earthquake
Fireblast/Thunder/Focus Punch/Brick Break/Aerial Ace

Last slot in order of preference, i prefer fire blast, but thunder can work. Just remember to switch after an attack if you anticipate something dangerous, so truant doesnt bite you in the ***.
Take it easy just read your PM i send you im already excuse for al my abuse to everyone acept for >>miloticlord/lugiacatcher<< because he is fake