• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SRing

Diven

Thunder Trainer
Hi, I just want to know, I'm SRing for a Shiny Zapdos but...

Is it OK to save right before Zapdos ? Or is the event set when you enter the building?
During SRing, is it ok to turn of the power ..(Ok, stupid question..)

But plzz, can someone tell if the event for getting a Shiny Pokemon is set when you enter the building/room.
[I should know it because I hack ROMs, but yeah,...]

Diven

Thunder Trainer
Mega Trickster said:
For Zapdos, it is set when you see it in battle, keep resetting and it'll be shiny probably.
Yeah, I thought so..
Oh well :(
6h00min SRing => ± 1080x SRs => Still no shiny Zapdos

Pure

back.
Keep going. Your ID may be bad for shinies. Yeah, since Zapdos is just there and you have to talk to it, the script fires once you talk to it.

Diven

Thunder Trainer
Xi said:
Keep going. Your ID may be bad for shinies. Yeah, since Zapdos is just there and you have to talk to it, the script fires once you talk to it.
Wait a second, are you saying your ID is in conection with chance for Shinies ??
Damn, how can I change my ID :p
That's why I never, and than I mean NEVER encounter a Shiny :(

But hey, a change of 1/8192 isn't high :p

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Diven said:
Wait a second, are you saying your ID is in conection with chance for Shinies ??
Damn, how can I change my ID :p
That's why I never, and than I mean NEVER encounter a Shiny :(

But hey, a change of 1/8192 isn't high :p

IDs have nothing to do with how many shinies you get, stop freaking out. No matter what its always 1/8192. If someone gets more shinies than you (like me for example) it just means I have better luck.

Pure

back.
No, you can encounter shinies, but it will be at a lower rate than if you have a good ID. The hidden ID and Trainer Card ID you have help determine if there is a shiny.

Yeah, look at the odds. Just keep trying and you'll stumble across it.

EDIT: IDs have some significance to shinies. Not with the odds, but with the number (1-something or another)

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Xi said:
No, you can encounter shinies, but it will be at a lower rate than if you have a good ID. The hidden ID and Trainer Card ID you have help determine if there is a shiny.

Where did you get that info? I thought secret IDs helped with determining if your a Pokemon's OT or not.

Diven

Thunder Trainer
Xi said:

EDIT: IDs have some significance to shinies. Not with the odds, but with the number (1-something or another)
Just one more question about those IDs..(Not for Shiny info..)
The ID you have, is it set in the game, when you start a 'New Game' or is it in the game, like set when they where made ?

♪Crystal Mew♪

Mr. ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
The ids may have significance but what are you going to do, find the hidden numbers plug them into the equation and boom! oh I guess it wasn't shiny

that's something like someone else said on here at some time... don't know who though