• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Subscribed Threads

Haine

Why is it that the threads that I am subscribed to that are supposed to send me an email when someone posts fail to do so?

The thread I am speaking of does say "Instant Email Notification"
Yet for months I have not recieved emails when someone posts.

R

Red Ring Riku

It's a little tricky to explain. You see as you might know, you can subscribe to a thread either by posting in it or by manually subscribing to it, afterwards there should be an e-mail sent to you whenever a new reply is sent.

But sometimes it might take awhile before this feature goes in full effect (when it actually starts sending out those e-mails), so it may take awhile and you might have to refer to the board yourself a few times before then. Almost all the time when you aren't on serebii (in other words you left recently like say a day or so), it'll send you the e-mail for the most recent reply posted since you had left. In most cases, it won't send you anymore reply notices untill you come back on the serebii site (no matter where in the site you are), and then it'll send you a reply of any other replies that came in afterwards.

...... Ok, I lost you, didn't I?

Haine

That is not the issue. It used to send them and now it fails. I do not even get an email when someone PMs me.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Try unticking the boxes and saving your settings. Delete your cookies, then go back into your settings and re-enabling it.

Haine

That didn't solve the problem and I fail to see what the cache has to do with this site failing to send emails when you are subscribed for it too. It seems like somthing you need to fix.

Haine

It might have been then.