• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

sunshine~

crystalclare

soulsilver<3
So I decided to make a sunny day team, woohoo! This is my first weather team, so tell me what you think!

275_shiftry_1_m.png

@focus sash
Chlorophyll
Hasty
252 Spe/212 Atk/44 Sp.A
- Sunny Day
- Fake Out
- Explosion
- Dark Pulse

My lead. I saw this set on someone's RMT on smogon (forget who, sorry), and I really liked it. Basically, come in, Fake Out, Sunny Day, then Explode or Solar Beam, whichever is to my advantage.
Dark Pulse over Solar Beam for leads like Azelf.

229_houndoom_1_m.png

@life orb/choice specs
Flash Fire
Modest/Timid
252 Sp. A/252 Spe/6 HP
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower/Fire blast
- Dark Pulse
- HP Ground/Nasty Plot

Solar beam to abuse Sunny Day, Flamethrower to also abuse +STAB, and Dark Pulse for STAB. I'm unsure for the last slot, though. HP Ground would help for Electric countering and make choice specs usable, but Nasty Plot could boost my special attack without limiting me to one move.

357_tropius_1_m.png

@life orb
Chlorophyll
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Aeriel Ace
- Swords Dance

Swords Dances, then attacks. Pretty self-explanatory.

144.png

@heat rock
Pressure
Calm
252 HP/200 Sp.D/56 Sp. A
- Heal Bell
- Sunny Day
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Combined Suicune and Dragonite to get this. Has the ability to absorb the ice attacks, heal my team, and set up Sunny Day. Roost to keep Articuno at full health, and Ice Beam to have an attacking move.

208.png

@heat rock
Rock Head
Impish
252 HP/204 Def/52 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day
- Earthquake
- Roar

Replaced Donphan with this man, Steelix. Stealth Rock for entry hazards, and Sunny Day, obviously. Roar will really help me because my team before got completely swept by a Scizor with a Substitute, so Roar can hopefully prevent that.

470.png

@leftovers
Chlorophyll
Impish
220 HP/128 Def/132 Atk/28 Spe
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I'm not exactly sure what this guy is doing, but I feel like he will work. Toxic because I have no statuses on my team, Earthquake and Power Whip for strong attacking moves.

And I have three sunny dayers because Shiftry will probably not be around till the end, because of explosion. I also realized that I only have two actual attackers, so if there are any recommendations, let me know!
Rate please!

Last edited:

End Fashion

Darwinian algorithm.
Just a quickie:

Keep the Focus Sash and try Fake Out over Taunt on Shiftry. It lets you beat scarf leads like Azelf if you change Solar Beam to a STAB dark attack. I've lost faith in choice items in OU since it is usually set up bait for something, so I'd choose Nasty Plot over the specs. Houndoom's 95 base speed can be a bit dicey in OU though, so be warned.

Last edited:

crystalclare

soulsilver<3
actually, I did mean to put Fake-Out, not Taunt, but thanks for recommending it! a dark attack does sound like a good idea too. And Nasty Plot was def what I was leaning more towards.