1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

the captcha has been cracked.

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by (s.i.e), Oct 12, 2009.

1. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

on this site there has been an outburst of spambots lately and it seems it's not a quincedence.

there are reports on several other online communities that the captcha which are the random texts like FhYaB8 (that must be filled in to ferify that you are a human user upon registration) has been cracked by some guy and is been put in use making it hard for quite some forums.

i even hear that some smaller forums disabled their new user registration option untill the problem is solved.

i thought i should let you guys know about it.

2. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Oh damn. If the captcha code has been cracked that is a serious break-in of security for a lot if not a majority of the forums.

3. fishyfool

fishyfool And a nice chianti

Well damn.

The fact someone's sussed the captcha out means TR will make a killing. Also, the mods are gonna need to do like Torag and dual-wield their banhammers.

4. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Captcha got cracked years ago

5. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

it is cold in here.

This was done a long time ago as Joe said.