• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

about legendaries...

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
so i'm scrolling through a youtube video,and i find someone getting flamed for using a legendary.so i ask why do people encourage pseudo legendaries,but discourage the real ones.in a nutshell,i was told that pseudos have to be raised,but legendaries were powerhouses right out of the box.but,with BW2 even though rare,you can catch a metagross and a dragonite,no raising of said pokemon needed.assuming you have two rare candies,you can go to the hidden grotto bagon,catch it,and give it two rare candies.so why do people get mad at legendary users,when you can get the pseudo right out of the box?i want to know you opinion about this

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
because real legendaries are potential better than normal pokemon especially when EV trained correctly. hence why they are called legendarias...

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
Lolwut?
What I think you're trying to say is someone gets flamed for using a legal legendary such as Cobalion, Rotom, Virizion, Zapdos, etc. when they could just get a different pokemon that's close but isn't a legendary. Sure, you can do the Bagon thing, but:
1. Have to use your rare candies.
2. Where is the hidden Grotto?
3. Don't other Pokemon appear in the same Grotto?
4. You can't exactly get pseudo legends right out of the box. Uh... You don't exactly have to evolve legends.
Yes, I use Cobalion (Hence my name) because he's one of my favorite legends. Cobalion is a really good pokemon and I have spent much time to get his moveset. I use him on online matchups.
No pokemon is strong "Right out of the box" unless you're talking about the TCG-then they literally are. There is a lot to do with EV training.
So my opinion?
Pseudo legends don't even EXIST. It's just a term made up by a 30 year old in his grandmother's basement.* I think that if somebody wants to use a legal Pokemon, let them.
Besides, the "flamer" was probably just mad he lost.
One last thing I want to say: Why would Nintendo make it legal if it were meant to be illegal?
*Sorry if I offended anyone, but it seems true XD

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
What were the circumstances? They don't really matter, but it would shed some light as to why he was getting flamed. Legendaries aren't nessecarily stronger than ordinary Pokemon. Regigigas is not the best choice of Pokemon to use since it has the ability Slow Start, so there are ordinary Pokemon that can perform better than it, so just because it is a one-of-a-kind does not mean it is stronger, so that excuse can't work. The flamer is probably under the impression that all legendaries have better stats for all the stats then all other Pokemon when that just is not true. There are many Pokemon that have higher HP, Att, Def, SpAtt, SpDef, and Spd base stat them Mew, a legendary that is perceived to be really good by people who tend to flame people for using legendaries. The flamer(s) were/are probably ex-Pokemon "fans" that only played the first generation (Genwunners, as I've seen them called) and think that they know enough about Pokemon to tell current players what to do such as giving Hyper Beam to everything (because that makes sense). There seems to be a lot of those people, especially on websites that have little to no comment moderation, so the self-entitled idiots just voice their opinions without thinking about whether they are making sense or not.

I'm agreeing with you, but you made a few mistakes I want to correct for you:
legendary such as Cobalion, Rotom, Virizion, Zapdos, etc.
Rotom's not a legendary since it can be bred to produce new Pokemon of the same evolutionary tree.
Pseudo legends don't even EXIST. It's just a term made up by a 30 year old in his grandmother's basement.
The term itself is not official, but there is a Pokemon in each generation (2 in Hoenn's case) that follow a set of criteria that make them almost "legendary" in strength, hence them being called "Psedolegendaries" which means "fake legendaries". These Pokemon are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon. They all have an immunity in one way or another, all have a three-stage evolution, require 1 250 000 exp to reach level 100, they are all evovled into at high levels, it takes 41 egg cycles to hatch their eggs, all their first forms have a BST of 300, and, most importantly, they all have a BST of 600.

Last edited:

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
Lolwut?
What I think you're trying to say is someone gets flamed for using a legal legendary such as Cobalion, Rotom, Virizion, Zapdos, etc. when they could just get a different pokemon that's close but isn't a legendary. Sure, you can do the Bagon thing, but:
1. Have to use your rare candies.
2. Where is the hidden Grotto?
3. Don't other Pokemon appear in the same Grotto?
4. You can't exactly get pseudo legends right out of the box. Uh... You don't exactly have to evolve legends.
Yes, I use Cobalion (Hence my name) because he's one of my favorite legends. Cobalion is a really good pokemon and I have spent much time to get his moveset. I use him on online matchups.
No pokemon is strong "Right out of the box" unless you're talking about the TCG-then they literally are. There is a lot to do with EV training.
So my opinion?
Pseudo legends don't even EXIST. It's just a term made up by a 30 year old in his grandmother's basement.* I think that if somebody wants to use a legal Pokemon, let them.
Besides, the "flamer" was probably just mad he lost.
One last thing I want to say: Why would Nintendo make it legal if it were meant to be illegal?
*Sorry if I offended anyone, but it seems true XD

I agree with you on this. being legendary doesn't mean you will be strong. You still gotta work for it.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
Rotom's not a legendary since it can be bred to produce new Pokemon of the same evolutionary tree.
Actually, I think what makes a legendary is that it's rare and there aren't a ton in the wild...even non-evolutionary, because a lot of evolutionary pokemon are now referred to as "pseudo-legendaries." But breeding is a good point. Has anyone started a thread on this particular problem? I'll go check.
EDIT: Yep, Nintendo itself says no.

Last edited:

*~Silver*~

I think the difference is the evolution. Psuedo legendaries start off, well, not so great. That's how all evolved Pokemon work. There's just a lot more you have to do in order to get your psuedo legendary to get strong. Normal legendaries don't have to be evolved, they're powerhouses right off the bat.

So basically... What everyone else has already said...

telivisionhead

because real legendaries are potential better than normal pokemon especially when EV trained correctly. hence why they are called legendarias...

No. That is not why they are called legendaries. Some legendary pokemon are sorta weak in battle wise.
Legendary pokemon are called legendary because they protect/ have done something or have a duty to do something to create/help others.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I just remembered an old thread, not sure if it was here or not, discussing what actually makes a legendary a legendary and the common consensus was that they are legendary just because GameFreak says they are. So, strength plays no part in what makes a Pokemon legendary. I'll see if I can find that thread and link it if I can.
EDIT: Here it is: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ry-Legendary-Origin-Topic&highlight=legendary They don't actually come to a conclusion, as per usual forum discussions, but they manage to rebuke all other arguments so...

Last edited: