• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BitTorrent Download Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
I recently got Azureus to download using BitTorrent, but my downloading speed is pathetic. According to the Azureus Wiki, the swarm speed is supposed to be lesser than my own download speed, but whenever I download, my download speed is never more than 35kb/s or so, while the swarm speed gets to more than 80. I've optimized all the settings according to my connection, and I'm downloading from a good Torrent; what could be the problem?

My setup is:

Windows XP Professional with SP2
Intel Pentium 3Gigahertz Processor
256k Broadband
No Router, as far as I know.

I used LvlLord's TCP/IP Patcher to increase my port limit from 10 to 50, and I optimized my settings to that.

Even though I have a 256k connection, I've told Azureus that the connection is 510k, since downloads happen faster that way.

Azureus seems to have problems with writing the data to the hard disk. I have errors titled Resume Data Save Fails: There is not enough space on the disk, write fails, flush fails, when I actually do have quite enough space on the disk. I told this to a technician, and he/she said that this happens when the download speed is faster than the data is written to the disk. I don't think my hard disk is having problems, though, because it's less than auyear old. I thought this might be useful.

That's about all I know. Any help would be useful.

Glitch Master

What Happened?
Your lucky. My average dl speed is 2.3 kbps.

I don't think we can talk about bittorrents here.

And BT speeds vary alot and change quickly. My normal dl speed is 3-1 kbps. My BT DL speed is 6-0 (rarely above 3).
Just stick with 30 kbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.