1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Boost Items

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by Amadeus, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus Landshark

I don't bring this up out of a need for help, neccessarily, but because this is something that is not made very clear on the site, so I figured it'd be appropriate to post this. If not, of course, closure of the thread is the best move, provided I'm nudged in the direction of the right place to ask.

In the PotW for Moltres, it is stated that Charcoal is no longer a 10% boost, and is now a 20% boost.

However, in the items section for Pearl and Diamond, it says it's a 10% boost still. Which one is wrong?

Also, if Charcoal is indeed now 20%, what about Miracle Seed, Mystic Water, Sharp Beak, etc.? Are those still 10%, or is the boost across the board?

Furthermore, why do those get a percent rate, but the Plates and other boosting items don't? Is no one sure what they boost for or something?

I'm not trying to come across as a whiner. I love the site, it's been very handy for me, and has increased my knowledge of the games tenfold. I just feel like this is a kink in an otherwise good system that could use some sorting out.

2. DarkSoldier

DarkSoldier Well-Known Member

I believe Charcoal, Mystic Water, etc all have a 20% boost to here assigned type now. Also I think plates have a 10% boost.

3. Amadeus

Amadeus Landshark

If so, interesting. Where do incenses rank, then? Same as plates?

4. All 'Slight Boost' items give 20%.

These are

Plates
    Charcoal + co.
    Incenses
    Expert Belt
    and a few others.

5. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

I'm pretty sure the plates give a 33% boost

6. Amadeus

Amadeus Landshark

33%?!

I might start using them, then. Now, is that just for when Aruceus uses them?

7. Serebii

Nope, its for everyone

8. Amadeus

Amadeus Landshark

Useful info. Thanks, Joe.

9. Amonitas

Amonitas Well-Known Member

33%! Whoah! That's a pretty good amount for an item I though sux hard. They might be useful when combined with STAB, thanks for that info!

10. Serebii

Don't forget I'm not 100% on it...

11. It CAN'T be 33%. That would completely obsoletise the Boost Items. Its 20% like everything else.

12. Amadeus

Amadeus Landshark

Still, 20% is no chopped liver. It can easily help make OHKO's a reality, and keep the foe sweating.

13. Hey Micky!

Hey Micky! Well-Known Member

Can't imagine it'd be 33%, someone would've noticed by now. 20% seems more likely to me.

14. Amonitas

Amonitas Well-Known Member

15. Matty_G33

Matty_G33 Wi-fi Trader

Well, there is always Choice Items and Life Orb.