• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brownification

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
Brownification
Hello, I'm Muffin. This team was (and technically still is) designed as one of my many teams in the Manhattan Project, a league that I am in. I am Monocolor, so this team is Brown. I pitted it against multiple teams and saw the potential it had, and I began using it in OU. it has pulled me some impressive wins. I'd like your opinions on it. Here it is, Brownification!

450f.gif

Bei Fong (Hippowdon) (F) @ (Leftovers)
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Bei Fong is my usual lead and my physical wall. She sets up Stealth Rock and easily survives the physical attack thrown at her. Then she Slacks it off as a health replenisher. Roar is for scouting the opponent's team and racking up residual damage. Earthquake is a powerful STAB and allows it to use its decent attack and do some damage. Impish nature emphasizes its defensive properties while Leftovers helps it gain health back, which really makes a difference coupled with Slack Off. Sand Stream is a given, as it hurts the opponent's team and gives some pokemon on my team some needed help.

645.gif

Aang (Landorus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Aang is my sweeper. Usually I bring him in on something that'll most likely switch out, then set up my sub. SD once and sweep. Earthquake is a powerful, reliable STAB and that's boosted by Sand Force. Stone Edge, albeit not being as reliable, couples with EQ to make the feared EdgeQuake combo. Stone Edge also gets the boost. Leftovers to help him survive a bit, and Sand Force for the sweep. Jolly gives it an edge in the speed department.

485.gif

Iroh (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect
- Toxic

Iro is my special wall. He protects to scout the enemy's moves and rack up Leftovers health. Lava Plume is there to help him deal direct damage and burn the opponent, which will help with his defense. Roar racks up residual damage to the enemy and scout the team. Toxic breaks down walls. Calm nature ups its Special Defense.

473.gif

Pipsqueak (Mamoswine) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Pipsqueak is my general Physical Attacker. He breaks down walls with ease. Ice Shard, being priority, makes up for his speed, and it also gets STAB. Icicle Crash is it's powerful Ice STAB that will certainly do some damage. Earthquake is a common yet powerful STAB for those annoying Fire and Steel types, and Stone Edge gives Pipsqueak the EdgeQuake combo. Adamant gives it's attack a needed boost and Life Orb makes it's attacks even more powerful.

065.gif

Jet (Alakazam) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Jet has an amazing movepool. It's speed and special attack combine with that to make it a formidable special sweeper. Life Orb boosts its attacks and Timid nature boosts its speed even more. Magic Guard stops residual damage such as entry hazards and poison.. Substitute is there to help it survive and give it some free turns because most pokemon switch when they see Jet in fear of some uber strong special attack. Psyshock is for special walls like Blissey, Focus Blast is for those "blasted" steels and Shadow Ball stops Gengar and other ghosts.

149.gif

Roku (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP/ 44 Atk / 212 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Roku is the silver lining in this team. What used to be a terribly water-weak team can now be fixed by his Dragon typing. He is also my second physical sweeper. Multiscale lets him easily take oncoming ice attacks and get in a free DD. Outrage is a powerful STAB that will 2HKO or KO most pokemon. Fire Punch takes care of steels like Ferrothorn. Roost replenishes his health and brings back his Multiscale ability. Jolly helps him outrun a select few pokemon and Leftovers keeps its Multiscale up once through the Sandstorm.

Past Members:
051.gif

Bumi (Dugtrio) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Claw

Boomi is my revenge killer. Choice Band gives him a MUCH needed boost in attack while Jolly nature lets him outspeed a large amount of pokemon. Earthquake is a powerful STAB and Stone Edge creates the EdgeQuake combo. Sucker Punch is for pokemon like Latios and Alakazam who can outspeed him, and Shadow Claw is for Gengar.
CHANGED FOR DRAGONITE
I hope I get good reviews from this team. Also, I have noticed the big water weakness in the team.

Last edited:

patthecat11756

Hey there! Team looks good. If you want a good brown poke that will help you with water, try Storm Drain Gastrodon. It can be a great special wall and has access to Recover. It could be a good idea to consider over Heatran. If Heatran was running Stealth Rock, then maybe it would be superior to Gastrodon. But you have Hippowdon running SR already. Just an idea to try :)

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
Thanks and I did think of Gastro but I have to go by the Bulbapedia color chart (it uses what colors the pokedex says the pokemon are) and oddly enough the creators say Gastrodon is Purple o_O

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Good team! :D The landourus caused me a lot of trouble z.z I would consider making the heatran moree bulky though. RM again sometime?

Jr Breshears

PKMN Breeder
Very awful team I beat it twice both time 5-0, im kidding its pretty good but kyogre wrecks it.

Jr Breshears

PKMN Breeder
U know what else is funny? He's mono colour uber for our league. So that means he IS Kyogre weak.

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
no hostility >_> but yes In Uber terms it can hold its own against most ubers bar Manaphy and Kyogre. In OU it can bypass some waters

Klaus™

Banned
I began using it in OU.

im sorry. was under the impression it was ou. not...whatever the hell....ubers monotype.

anyways, dragonite wouldn't solve that problem much, as it has a weakness to ice. a common type for a water-type to carry, plus more than half your team is weak to ice. dnite just adds another 4x weakness. unfortunately, its the best you have. i recommend not running multiscale, as inner focus can free you up for more moves, life orb, plus multiscale is pointless in sand/hail.

anyways breshears, how was i supposed to know this was to be in a league? mind reading?

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
I changed it and I DID say it was to be used in a league, but I didn't mention the Ubers part because I was referring to it's use in OU, not Ubers. Multiscale might help with the ice weakness ONCe, and by the nit will have DD'd up and began a sweep.