• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Hey, I know that Charizard isn't very favored because of it's x4 weakness to rock and plenty of other weaknesses. But still it's one of my favorite pokemon.
So I'm trying to build a Charizard that does allright.

Here's what I've got so far and I would like some tips/feedback on it:

Charizard lv.66
Impish
Blaze
Attack 154 Fly
Defense 168 Fire Punch
Sp.Atk 135 Will-o-wisp
Sp.Def 119 Dragon Dance
Speed 158

dewey911p

primus inter pares
base 84 attack and a base 78 defense aren't really conducive to a physical attacker, a defender, or any combination thereof really. Dragon Dance is nice boosting move and if your heart is set on physical, an Adamant DD Charizard would serve you better than your Impish one. Like you said, a 4x weakness to stealth rock means it will loss 1/2 its hp as soon as its sent in, at which point DD is useless and no matter your nature, IVs, and EVs, Charizrd wont survive the next hit. I recommend a Timid/Modest nature Charizard. Base 100 speed isnt too shabby in OU, and is even better in lower levels so you can run modest if you want extra power. HP Grass/Ice will cover most weaknesses Charizard has and coming off a base 109 S.Atk, most pokemon wont survive. I recommend Grass over Ice as water/ground pokemon wont see it coming (or if they do they will run) I would run Flamethrower/Heat Wave (or Fire Blast if you prefer power over accuracy), Air Slash, Hidden Power Grass (Ice if you feel so inclined) and then Roost/Dragon Pulse/Solarbeam (Roost if you have access to it and to help lessen SR damage, Dragon Pulse for its power, accessibly via breeding, and because Charizard doesn't have to many special moves that i can think of other than fire type moves, and Solarbeam if your on a Sun team, also note, if your on a sun team with Solarbeam, HP grass isnt really needed.)

im no expert, but thats what i would run if i went with a Charizard

Slacker1997

Like dewey said, Charizard is better off running a special set. For me, I usually use Charizard to setup Sunny Day and let my Chlorophyll sweepers do the rest.
Charizard @Heat Rock
Timid 4HP, 252SpAtk, 252Spd
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Flamethrower
-Roost

I use roost to extend my Charizard's lifespan as it is severely crippled by SR when it comes back to setup Sunny Day. I use Charizard only in UU teams because it dies really fast in standard.

Archaic

rawr!
No. Your set doesn't work. Try the traditional Bellyzard or try this:

Charizard @ Life Orb

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 ATK/4 DEF/252 SPE

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Flare Blitz

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Wow thanks for helping me out here, it's some interesting stuff you're all feeding me.