• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheating or not?

Is trading shiny pokemon cheating?

• Yes, this is cheating.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No, this isn't cheating.

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters

Golden Mew

My brother thinks that trading shiny pokemon on pokemon games, particularly now that there is the NDS Wi-Fi, is cheating.

I don't think so. Is this cheating or not?

Djura

99% chance to hit
WTF?

Trading shiny Pokémon is not cheating. Get that drilled into your bro's head.

Hoshi no Kabii

I personally find that ridiculous. I don't like it when people clone shinies, but trading them is perfectly fine in my book. What reason could your brother possibly have for thinking it's cheating?

Dragonite711

Too many chocolates
how can it be cheating? It isn't abusing any of the game's code to make things happen. It isn't abusing glitches like cloning, or events like Action Replay. I think that trading shiny Pokemon is like trading normal Pokemon. Shinies are no different, they just look cooler.

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
LOL! =^_^=

I would love to know why exactly he thinks that.

It's not cheating. It's like trading other Pokemon.

If it's hacked, then it's cheating, or at least the Pokemon was cheated.
If it cloned, then some people will view it has cheating, or taking advantage of it.

If you're trading legit Shinies, then it isn't cheating.

*giggle* Seriously, what makes him think that?

Munchy.42

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Why does he think that?

OFF TOPIC: Hello ILK! Its Munchy from PVf!

BIGnSCARY

Gargantuan tongue
Why is it cheating? If it is cheating, nintendo wont have set up this thing, would they?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
First of all, shiny Pokemon are not stronger than regular Pokemon, so they wouldn't give anybody an advantage.

Not many people are willing to give up their shiny Pokemon. If the person does not want it, or want something he or she wants something better, then they will be willing to give it up. The person they will trade it to would want it, so the trade is a mutual benefit to both people. Otherwise, finding them in the wild is luck anyway.

By the way, I got a shiny Golbat (now Crobat) from a girl who wanted Clefairy. She wanted it more than Golbat, and I got a shiny Golbat in return.

Zim Del Invasor

... No. Just no. Never. No reason needed. Go punch him in the stomach.

Shiny Machamp Trainer "B"

Ima Chargin Ma Lazar