• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Checking IVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoothootsleeper

Newbie EV Trainer
Yeah go on google and type IV Calculator but there's one that asks for the lvl too I can't remember though

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
have a battle with someone over wifi at level 100, mark down the pokemons stats, and then enter them in the serebii IV calculater

atleast i think thats how you could

randomspot555

Yeah. This is what you do for any Pokemon that you have just received. It all depends on it having no experience and no EV increasing berries or vitamins.

Take the Pokemon into a Wi-Fi Battle at level 100.

Write down those stats.

Go to a site with an IV calculator*, insert the species, nature, and stat #s to be properly calculated.

*I use Psypokes, but any of them out there will do.

These are commonly called IV battles. After it's done, you either both agree to run away (resulting in a tie) or disconnect by shutting off the DS' power (Safest way). It's pretty important to have a real-time communication with your battle partner (IRC, IM program, etc...)

An alternative is to go into PBR which auto-levels it to 50 in any type of battle, or to rare candy it up to at least level 30. The higher the level you can calculate at, the better the IVs estimation will be.

randomspot555

You can do it as level one, but know that they might not be completely accurate, but close.

No, you can't do it at level 1. It won't compute at all. You need to have it at a much higher level (probably around 30) to even get a close estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.