• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clock Error??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
I'm playing emerald and my clock stopped working... When I start the game it says that "clock-based events no longer occer" that means I can only get one of either Espeon or Umbreon...What shall I do??!! any suggestions?

buttbug

Zephyr Trainer
Your game is corrupted. It usually happens when using cheating devices. It also can happen when you trade with somebody else who's game is corrupted. (or some other reasons, but they aren't in-game))

What you can do is: restart the game and hope it works normally

Send it to a Nintendo Company to repair the game (this will also erase the save file)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I'm afraid your internal battery has run dry by the sounds of things...it might just be corrupted, though.

There might be a way to help it, but none that I know of.

Hmmmmm.... that is wierd. How long have you been playing your Emerald? Maybe it has to do with that.

Bashaamo

<-I like udon
ROCK-RULEZ! said:
I'm playing emerald and my clock stopped working... When I start the game it says that "clock-based events no longer occer" that means I can only get one of either Espeon or Umbreon...What shall I do??!! any suggestions?
A friend of mine got the game, and it had that immediately. I'd say that's normal, except maybe there will be no evolutions done by time [Eg. Wurmple evolve into Silcoon in the Day and Cascoon in the Night] but that shouldn't be such an interruption to your game. :/

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
If the message is the internal battery has run dry clock based events will no longer occur etc etc then it's the battery in the game pak.
This question has appeared at least 10 times in the past month.
To fix it, you must replace the battery or take it somewhere to have it replaced.... gamestop, nintendo, etc.
If it says something other than what i listed then it's a bad game (cheating or fake)... either you cheated and are facing the consequences or you bought a fake cartridge.
Bashaamo said:

A friend of mine got the game, and it had that immediately. I'd say that's normal, except maybe there will be no evolutions done by time [Eg. Wurmple evolve into Silcoon in the Day and Cascoon in the Night] but that shouldn't be such an interruption to your game. :/
wurmple does not evolve by time of day... that's a rumour that is not true. Eevee is the only time based evo.
You will only get one of the eeveelutions by friendship and you won't get berries to grow or tv shows.

Last edited:

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
Hmmmmm....I'll see what can I do...thanx guys anyway, you've been so helpfull!

Last edited:

Bashaamo

<-I like udon
DarkSpectrum said:
If the message is the internal battery has run dry clock based events will no longer occur etc etc then it's the battery in the game pak.
This question has appeared at least 10 times in the past month.
To fix it, you must replace the battery or take it somewhere to have it replaced.... gamestop, nintendo, etc.
If it says something other than what i listed then it's a bad game (cheating or fake)... either you cheated and are facing the consequences or you bought a fake cartridge.

wurmple does not evolve by time of day... that's a rumour that is not true. Eevee is the only time based evo.
Darn, you're right. ;>>
But I've cheated a couple times for some items, and 1 Pokémon, I've never experienced the "Clock Based Events will no longer occur" thing. But then, maybe it doesn't always happen. ;>>

Your cartige internal battery is run dry, you have 2 options go to nintendo support and have it replaced, or trade all of your pokemon to another game and buy a new emrald and trade those pokemon back.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Bashaamo said:

Darn, you're right. ;>>
But I've cheated a couple times for some items, and 1 Pokémon, I've never experienced the "Clock Based Events will no longer occur" thing. But then, maybe it doesn't always happen. ;>>
If it says that your internal battery has run dry. then it's the battery... nothing bad.
There is a similar message that says something when you first turn on the game.... that is caused from cheating/fake games
I can't remember the phrase right now though

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
This probably just means your game's clock battery is dead. What did you do, put it in the wash? If you see this message when your game is brand new, there's a good chance it's a bootleg.

DarkSpectrum: You're probably referring to the "1M subcircuit is not installed" message. This tells you that the game has a 64Kbyte save flash instead of a 128Kbyte flash. Probable cause: your game is a bootleg (has the wrong save flash installed) or your emulator is misconfigured.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
This is NOT caused by cheat devices. Why is it that whenever this topic comes up people start posting as many random things as they can think of? o_O

It's the battery in the GAME CART, that controls the clock and ONLY the clock, so nothing else will be affected. It's a battery, so it will run out. You can either send it to Nintendo to have it fixed (but your save file will be deleted...not sure why) or you can try a gaming store near you to see if they can assist you in replacing the battery.

If you need any more help, try searching the forum for "internal battery," there have been a HUGE number of threads on this already.

-Answered, closed

Status
Not open for further replies.