• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cross-Generational Evolution Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

Jynx is really an enigmatic Pokemon and there's really no telling what drove them to even create a odd mon like that. I also gotta say I've never seen a really great fan-design for an evolution. It would just be interesting to see what gamefreak would come up with.

When you say Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Ghost I think of Pennywise the Dancing Clown (IT). That might be a be horrifying for Pokemon to be honest.

Oh it wouldn't have to be quite that sinister, but, like, Alakazam or Hypno levels of "sinister" Or like Mawlie. Actually thinking of that Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Ghost might even be better fitting.

Something like this: https://skallhati.deviantart.com/art/Kalosian-Mr-Mime-718442717

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
When you say Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Ghost I think of Pennywise the Dancing Clown (IT). That might be a be horrifying for Pokemon to be honest.
That's already been done. Blacephalon the slithering exploding clown!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Why they stopped them almost 10 years ago I'll never no. I miss them

Zamin

We really need back more cross-generational evolution, proper evolutions into actual Pokemon from previous Pokemon is an exciting features and something I'd like to see back.

JW1004

It's sad that cross gen evolutions are not that common these days.
I also think regional variants leave more room for experimenting with this. Like for example that a regional variant of let's say a weepinbell can evolve in a regional variant of Victreebell but also gets a split evolution that it was only able to unleash because of the environment of the said region.
Also I think gen V and VI also have enough Pokémon that could stand out more with a split evolution or further evolution or even pre-evolution, aswell as earlier generation
I would love to see

Spritzee >> Split evolution based on a plague doctor maybe Fairy/Poison or Fairy/Dark
Maractus >> Grass/Fairy as like an opposite to Cacturne with more flowers and stuff
Basculin >> Evolution based on the color
Girafarig >> give it a pre-evolution and let it evolve in Girafarig or in a split evolution that is Ghost/Psychic where the tail has taken over
Munna >> Evolution based on a nightmare

It's sad that Bounsweet is female-only, could've been great to have a male counterpart to Tsareena

Orphalesion

So...with the movie being centered around a Festival of the Wind or something, does that mean a flying type evolution? Zephyreon (after the west wind)?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Jynx is really an enigmatic Pokemon and there's really no telling what drove them to even create a odd mon like that. I also gotta say I've never seen a really great fan-design for an evolution. It would just be interesting to see what gamefreak would come up with.

She's based on the mythical Japanese demon Yama-uba.

Once you notice the inspiration leading to Jynx's design, she is actually a very well designed character.

Orphalesion

She's based on the mythical Japanese demon Yama-uba.

Once you notice the inspiration leading to Jynx's design, she is actually a very well designed character.

I know about the Yama-Uba, but a lot of Pokemmon websotes seem to add details to the Yama-uba that aren't found elsewhere to make her seem more Jynx-like(of course I can't read Japanese, so I can't look up primary sources)

But I have ocassionally considered an evolution of Jynx that would make her more Mountain Hag-like. I think that would work as an evolution.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I know about the Yama-Uba, but a lot of Pokemmon websotes seem to add details to the Yama-uba that aren't found elsewhere to make her seem more Jynx-like(of course I can't read Japanese, so I can't look up primary sources)

But I have ocassionally considered an evolution of Jynx that would make her more Mountain Hag-like. I think that would work as an evolution.

Jynx needs a mega evolution, which would suit her better as Yama-uba.

That mega evolution would be the demon in her true form: freakishly tall, super thin, lightning fast, and ten kinds of scary.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that they'll do any crossgen evolutions outside of eeveelutions.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think GF will make some more eventually. Not sure when but I see it coming.
I think that they're done with crossgen evolutions. As shown with Megas and Alolan forms, they now prefer doing other things with old Pokemon. Eeveelutions are the exemption.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
They need to make more baby Pokemon. One I'd like is a cattle calf that evolves into Tauros or Miltank based on gender.

Orphalesion

I wanted to say that I want an alternate evolution for Onix that's less fugly than Steelix. But I forgot that that ugly, old Steelix has a mega, so an alternate evolution is probably less likely :-(

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Other than Eeveelutions, I don't expect any cross-generational evolutions to be introduced because none of them have been introduced recently. It was more of an early-gen thing, which happened from Gen 2 to Gen 4.

Sprinter1988

Doubting we'll get any, but if there are...
An evolution of Komala, the size of Snorlax, wielding an entire tree
An evolution for Corsola, just to make it somewhat viable...
Baby forms for Pinsir and Heracross maybe the same mon for both?
Baby form to link Sawk and Throh
Some sort of Dragon Serpent evolving from Dunsparce (a Basilisk... Dragon/Poison)
Some sort of Sea Serpent for Basculin (maybe two, one for each colour...)
Baby Kangaskhan (you all know you still want it!)

Put right what's wrong with Alomomola and Luvdisc and with Minior and Solrock and Lunatone - you know what I mean!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I want them but only for the first four gens. Seeing Lapras get one would be random but cool

Status
Not open for further replies.