• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dissidia

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Dissidia
tumblr_m8gzxmp7Nr1qbbs8oo1_500.gif

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is CedOmega bringing to you my most recent OU team. Don't let the picture fool you, this has nothing to do with Mewtwo. Haha. It's been about a year or so since my last use of Mienshao and I've since wondered why I put down the once afamed offensive scout for other options. After an afternoon full of brainstorming with friends and rivals, I came to the conclusion that I'd once again use Mienshao in an OU team and perhaps demonstrate how it can still contend in the OU environment very well. All that aside, this team has only been tested out a few times via WiFi and has done quite well so far. Anyway, without further due, I present to you Dissidia.
The Team Preview
:620: ;065; :637: ;445; ;205; ;134;

tumblr_mhz1niZM1X1r0dx95o1_500.png

:620:
Mienshao (Kojondo) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spd
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Mienshao is a veteran to my original OU teams. Since it's time as an OU Pokémon has past, many have passed it up as being not-so-fit for the OU environment anymore. Much like that of the likes of Mew and Abomasnow. That aside, I find using Mienshao again to be joyful. Its standard set as listed above is what I'm most familiar with. Gliscor are beginning to become a rare sight nowadays due its popular counters being on nearly every team, so I found the Naive set with HP(Ice) to be unnecessary in the sense. Now to get down to its moves, Mienshao is more simply the team's common lead and scout. Fake Out serves a more obvious purpose of scouting the opponent's next move; whether it be switching out, or readying themself to set up or attack. Hi Jump Kick is its main STAB and, though very powerful, tends to be used when needing to straightforward go to offensive and take out the foe as fast as possible. Stone Edge is a coverage move against those of Ice and Flying typing whom would threaten Mienshao otherwise. It also comes in handy when against a Ghost type who'd need to be removed using Mienshao immediately. U-turn makes the best of Mienshao's ability to abuse Life Orb + Regenerator. It also makes Mienshao the scout of the team, being able to hit-and-run to see just what the opponent would do when facing Mienshao as a threat.

;065;
Alakazam (Chronicle) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid nature
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
IVs: 02 Atk/ 30 Def
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball/ Signal Beam
- Focus Blast
- HP(Ice)

Alakazam made its position on the team as my favorite Pokémon of first Gen and the team's back-up revenge killer. Though originally for being my all-time favorite. Haha. A battle is usually going good when I never have to use Alakazam, and is normally coming to an end when I do. Psyshock is STAB and for hitting foes hard when needed. *Cough, Cough* Pink Blobs *Cough, Cough* Shadow Ball is currently the replacable move on Alakazam's current set. Signal Beam is the main subject between mg friends and I for the reason of hitting Celebi and other Psychic types fairly hard, while Ghosts are handled by its other move. Focus Miss... I mean Blast hits Dark and Steel types who'd otherwise wal its attacks. And now for its last attack; HP(Ice). Yes, I absolutely have to have coverage for potential Gliscor, Landorus-T, Garchomp, and other more threatening Dragons types threats.

:637:
Volcarona (Hotaru) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
Timid nature
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Oh my god... I love this bug. Volcarona is also a veteran of my previous successful OU teams and has yet to disappoint me when setting up to sweep. Like on my previous team featuring Ambipom, I decided to use a core centered around the synergy between Volcarona, Garchomp, Rotom-W, and Metagross. Except, this time I'll be focused more on Volcarona and Garchomp than the entire core itself. Anyway, Fiery Dance is for the chance to raise its SAtk, which is great for when Volcarona has set up at most one or two Quiver Dance. Bug Buzz just about hits everything else thst Fiery Dance can't, for instance the Lati-twins. Giga Drain often helps heal off most of the damage Volcarona endures while setting up and the Life Orb recoil when attacking.

;445;
Garchomp (Jaws) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw/ Aqua Tail

Garchomp is simply the team's Choice Scarfer and is sometimes the revenge killer in conjunction with Alakazam. Garchomp uses Outrage mainly to clean up late game and finish off theopponent once all Steel types and bulky members have been removed from my opponent's team. Earthquake + Stone Edge give Garchomp the notorious EdgeQuake coverage, while Stone Edge alone helps against opposing +1 Volcarona. I couldn't choose between Dragon Claw or Aqua Tail due to raised issues about them, but I use the one most convenient at the time when considering.

;205;
Forretress (Ironhide) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed nature
EVs: 252 Hp/ 180 Def/ 76 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Forretress serves a simple purpose on he team, too. Gyro Ball does some pretty massive damage against the likes of +1 DD Dragonite, Salamence, etc. whom lack Fire Punch of Fire Blast. Stealth Rockis for hazard supoort on the team. Rapid Spin gives Forretress the ability to rid my side of the field of any and all hazards. Volt Switch allows Forretress to do a bit of scouting, while also allowing it to escape Magnet Pull Magnezone and help the team by luring in Heatran and other Magnezone.

;134;
Vaporeon (Aquamore) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Bold nature
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Vaporeon is the main support of the team. With both Wish and Heal Bell, Vaporeon supports the rest of the team very well. The combination of Wish and Protect has saved the team many times when facing a strong physical attacker or moderately powerful special attacker. Aiding this is Scald's useful 30% chance to burn, which further benefits the team overall.

Pokemon_Trainer_run_by_Hanshumon.gif
Closing
Pokemon_Trainer_run_by_Hanshumon.gif

So there you have it. This team has so far not given me any issues aside from weather, but who doesn't have a weather weakness nowadays? If anyone can see anything that I may have missed, like perhaps a weakness I may have missed or any general advice or suggestions, I will take them into consideration. I want to thank those who took the time to read and have a nice day! :)

Last edited:

Hayate Ayasaki

I like your team its seems people are afraid to use weatherless teams nowadays(including myself)
the most obvious problem I can see is your team has no answer to a +2 Thundurus-T but with proper prediction you shouldn't let that happen
defintely Dragon Claw on Chomp if your not running fireblast/firefang

Cherche

Banned
445.pngHey, CedOmega, it's Dr. Ciel from the Smogon forums! Anyway, this looks like a really cool team that you have here, albeit all those weaknesses you have. Nevertheless, I will help you out a bit here, so let's get started!

• Okay, so the first thing I see for this team is a huge threat in Thundurus-T, especially the deadly Agility set. Thundurus-T is a huge threat for a couple of reasons, the first being that it can get an easy setup on Forretress, Garchomp locked into Earthquake & Vaporeon, which doesn't have any coverage move to hit it at all. A quick fix for this would be to run Scarf Terrakion instead of Scarf Garchomp. Terrakion & Garchomp are similar in terms of revenge killing, although the difference here is that Terrakion can easily outspeed & KO some of the more common Scarf users in the current meta, those including the rarely seen, but still somewhat common Modest Chlorophyll Venusaur, among others & KO them, should Alakazam be fainted.

• Next, I focus on some nitpicks here. First off, I can't really justify on running Fake Out on Mienshao, as it literally lets another threat come in literally for free. For this reason, I would like to suggest running Hidden Power Ice over Fake Out. The reason for this is really simple, as it allows you to nail Gliscor, Landorus-T, Dragonite, Salamence & Garchomp. For this reason, I would like to suggest taking 24 Special Attack EV's from Speed & tossing them into Special Attack, in order to buff HP Ices power. On top of that, a Naïve nature would be optimal here, so HP Ice has the power it needs to KO the aftermentioned threats

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- Rock Slide

- X-Scissor

620.gif

• 252 Atk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spd -> 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe

• Jolly -> Naive

• Fake Out -> Hidden Power Ice

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Hey Hayate, thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll be going with Ceil's Terrakion change, seeing as in hindsight it helps the team a bit better than Garchomp in a way.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- Rock Slide

- X-Scissor

620.gif

• 252 Atk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spd -> 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe

• Jolly -> Naive

• Fake Out -> Hidden Power Ice

Hey Dr. Ceil! Nice to see that you're here, too! Anyways, as you & Hayate noted, I obviously overlooked Thundurus-T. In all honesty, it never came to mind when my friends and I were brainstorming ideas for the team. Haha. I'm going to test out the Terrakion change for sure, as I see your points on how it functions the same, if not better than, Garchomp. I'm just slightly skeptical on HP(Ice) on Mienshao, however. But, it goes without saying that I'll give it a shot regardless of my skepticism. Haha. Thanks for the suggestions and, again, it's nice to see that you're here on Serebii Forums. :)

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
In testing Terrakion, I found that I've come to like it very much. Still trying to get the hang of Mienshao, though, because I'm not used to having HP(Ice). Haha. All is going good so far, though.