• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
I have two questions about evolution:

1. If you had an Eevee that loved you and it leveled up at Ice Rock, would it evolve into Glaceon or Espeon?

2. How would pokemon that evolve in specific locations be able to evolve (like Nosepass into Probopass or Eevee into Glaceon)?

I really want to know what would happen with the first question. Please tell me if you know.

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
1) I have no clue

2) Level it up
but if you mean how it would there would be some sort of Magnetic Waves or Icy/Foresty Spirit I guess

Sorry but For one you could try.
If you want I'll try when I go for Umbreon for my dex at the rock tonight

X502XedgeX

help me team build
more then likely your eevee would evolve into glaceon, because no matter what amout of happiness it has it will evolve, so i would put my money on that, but im not 100 percent sure.

as for the second on i would have to say that they evolve because of their surroundings, but as to how they evolve, you have to grow them one level either the old fasion way or with a rare cady

Kim62

Hello
1) I'm pretty sure it would evolve into a Glaceon.
2) Since evolution evolves mutation the non-leveling evolutions might be due to contact with what ever evolves them and causes them to mutate.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
1. I think Eevee would evolve into Glaceon. I am only saying that because of the surroundings (ice rock)

2. I think the surroundings does something to the Pokemon physically or mentally, that other places can't, that gives it the power to evolve by leveling up.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
1. I think that it would evolve into Glaceon due to the fact it's being leveled up at the ice rock.
2. The surroundings might have something to do with it..

Maruno

I suspect the fact that the Ice Rock is nearby is more important than the happiness thing. As far as I can imagine, upon Eevee's level up, all the possible evolution methods are cycled through, and the first one to meet its conditions is the evolution that will take place. In this case, I'll assume it would be the area level up, with happiness evolution having a lower priority. I have absolutely no evidence to base this opinion on.

I know you can level up a pokémon, have it learn a move, evolve it and have it learn another move, all because you levelled it up (I forget which pokémon I had that did that, but there'll be some). Anyway, if you cancel the first Eevee evolution, would it then try to evolve into the other possible form?

1. Glaceon. Just a question, but do you see Day/Night near the ice rock/moss rock?
2. They would evolve by leveling up in that location. The reason why, I am making up on the spot, is due to various "energy" (or in the case of Mt. Coronet, geomagnetic force) affects the molecules of the Pokemon, like how the stones (Fire, Leaf, Water etc.) affect the Pokemon. I could rant about different explanations, but I can't be bothered now (maybe later).

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
I'm maxing Eevee's Friendship so I'll have answers soon
Edit: I don't remember how many Vitamins it is with a soothe bell so if someone could remind me please

Last edited:

Maruno

I'm maxing Eevee's Friendship so I'll have answers soon
Edit: I don't remember how many Vitamins it is with a soothe bell so if someone could remind me please
Just get the Friendship Checker gadget for the Pokéwatch (much better name than Pokétch, I think), and see how many and how big the hearts are. I don't know which kind of hearts correspond to 220 or higher (the evolution threshold), though.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

1. If you had an Eevee that loved you and it leveled up at Ice Rock, would it evolve into Glaceon or Espeon?

2. How would pokemon that evolve in specific locations be able to evolve (like Nosepass into Probopass or Eevee into Glaceon)?

I really want to know what would happen with the first question. Please tell me if you know.

1) It would evolve into Glaceon. I know, I have tried.

2) In Nosepass case, I think the magnetic field that emanates from Mt. Coronet is what causes evolution, just like the anime, although anime=/=games. In Eevee's case, I think it is based on the weather that they are in.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
Just get the Friendship Checker gadget for the Pokéwatch (much better name than Pokétch, I think), and see how many and how big the hearts are. I don't know which kind of hearts correspond to 220 or higher (the evolution threshold), though.

2 big hearts (they "throb" kinda)

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Glaceon... Trust me. For number 2 I don't get what you are saying sorry.

-Mr. Joker ;479-s;

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

I think you should include Umbreon for question 1.
1. Maybe it's random.
2. I don't know, but in Nosepass' case, it's a magnetic field.

Status
Not open for further replies.