• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ex nihilo.

rekreatur

i probably won't update this too often since my motivation goes on and off a lot. mostly off. not all drawings will be pokémon related and i doubt there will be many PG-13 rated ones. let's just get to the point, shall we?

these will be listed in order they were created.

I. thundershock.
II. illuminate.
III. trick room.
IV. klopf, klopf.
V. ominous wind.
VI. shell armour.
VII. ember.
VIII. hydration.
IX. mist.
X. oops.
XI. nyaaaaan
XII. chirp chirp.
XIII. feed me
XIV. my favourite pillow
XV. mmmmm. pokephilia.
XVI. termination bliss.
XVII. moonlight.
XVIII. faster.
XIX. anatomy practice [critique please]
XX. game over
XXI. gohma
XXII. expression
XXIII. top hats
XIV. suits

Last edited:

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
o_O These are sooo good!! Keep drawing!!

rekreatur

started the 30 days pokémon challenge and i figured i might as well post some here. chances are i won't be able to keep up with it and either skip a couple days and/or make more than one in a day but i'll make all 30 eventually. they will all be speedpaints as i can't be bothered to spend 5+ hours on each.

day 1: your favourite pokémon
ominous wind.

day 2: your least favourite pokémon
shell armour.

rekreatur

lass mich rein ("let me in") is a portrait of dero goi, the vocalist of the german industrial metal band OOMPH!, for which i used a screenshot of their music video "labyrinth" as a reference. i tried to keep the paintery style sort of psychotic since that's what the song pretty much is, although that is not very visible unless you press the download button in deviantART and see the whole picture, since the piece you're actually seeing is about three times smaller than the original which is 3000x1872.

here's the video if anyone's interested: [link]
english version: [link]

Last edited:
Wow I love your art! I especially love your latias with latios colors :)

iaza14071044061500.gif

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
wow these are great
about the hands though xD
i know hands are hard to draw and you must be some kind of freak to be able to draw them without a coupple of years practice... your best bet would be to use your own hand as a base reference... move your hand around to see if you can get the effect that you want... stare at it till people start to look at you funny xD
you dont want to draw your hand (i dont cuz i have tiny stumpy hands) all you want is to get a feel for the right ratios (measure in you own terms by drawing faint dots)
the main thing that you should always follow is the bone... look at the way it forms benith the skin... you can draw the hand around that with a little effort

the same prosess goes for feet, toes, and head (particually jawline which i can never stress enough)

other then this and the fact that your prac sketches are so vauge your are really doing a great job (but the girls legs are a lille far apart xP)

hope this helps
sorry for the randomness of it :D

rekreatur

thank you <3

XXII. expression
XXIII. top hats
XIV. suits

the first one's just a random doodle and the last two are pictures of me and my boyfriend lol. i originally wanted to make myself a new ID on deviantart and a profile picture on facebook since i haven't changed it for a year and i couldn't be bothered to take an actual photo. then i ended up making him a matching one too.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム

I'm liking the composition, but there isn't that pop that should be there. You know, you need something to make your work really stand out. I suggest adding a cool color like green (the compliment of red, the #1 suggestion) to your Escavalier and the background in order to create a rhythm in your artwork. You could add it to the Pokemon's armor in a way that it looks like a reflection.

Another side note: the light source is inconsistent in this piece. Look at the main body of Escavalier: you have the light source coming from the top left. Now, look at it's arm: you have the light source coming from the right. You need to fix this in order to have a consistent light source for your subject. I recommend changing the body's light source to the top right, as the shadowing you have on your arm is tres magnifique :)

Another (not to sound judgmental): look at this official artwork for Escavalier and look at your own picture. Have you noticed that you are lacking the blue and yellow color in the chest area? This is a no no to inaccurately portray a Pokemon. Always, always, ALWAYS stick to the official artwork. Don't forget the yellow eye as well.

That's all I have for now. This is not meant to be bashing on your artwork. As an art student myself, I am merely providing constructive criticism. I hope you will take my advice seriously,as these can make a HUGE difference in your artwork.

rekreatur

nah lol, i can tell the difference between critism and bashing unlike most other people. i'm not going to disagree with anything you've said since it's probably my least favourite piece and tbh i didn't put any effort in it. about the colours though, i know the belly and the rest of it is slightly different, i just don't want to limit myself to the colour game freak picked out.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
nah lol, i can tell the difference between critism and bashing unlike most other people. i'm not going to disagree with anything you've said since it's probably my least favourite piece and tbh i didn't put any effort in it. about the colours though, i know the belly and the rest of it is slightly different, i just don't want to limit myself to the colour game freak picked out.

I can see not liking Game Freak's taste sometimes. They can be a little eccentric in color schemes, but they're often not wrong. I suggest saving two copies of the piece and putting the colors in only one. Compare it to the other, and you should be able to tell whether you like the adjustments or not. It's always a good idea to do what you can to improve your art.