• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny things that non-fans have said

Missingno.Fan

My friend who isn't into Pokemon thought that the shiny Zoroark was the male version. Also the same friend thought that you had to catch a male and female of every speices for breeding.

Also the other day my mom thought that Pokemon Black was about evil "Pokemons".

mewichooseyou

Grass Trainer
When I was waiting in line for B/W one of the mall employees said "That's still going?" I said "Yep" After she walked away I looked to the fans in front of me and said "She's just jealous" LOL

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
My sister doesn't like video games in general and every time she sees me playing pokemon she laughs and says "Go Pokemon mon mon".

She also tells me that she likes Pokemon. When I ask why, it's because, unlike other video games, it doesn't use the TV. So she doesn't have to watch me play it haha.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Also the other day my mom thought that Pokemon Black was about evil "Pokemons".

Inb4 "z0mg racist!!!1111"

This was said by a random dude a few years ago. (Back when R/S was new.)
"Before you know it, the next games will be black and white!"
It's hilarious in hindsight, if you think about it.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Some non-fan GameStop employee was in this conversation with another one day as I walked in: "You mean to tell me that all they have to do is remake an old game for a new system and they sell like crazy? How uncreative. I bet they'll suck. Didn't most people hate the original Gold and Silver?"

Ironic considering everything negitive he said was the opposite of what actually happened.

thetifftiff

My mother thought Pokemon Black and White was the name of one game. I understand why she would think that (even though she's had two kids who have been in and out of Pokemon for ten years at least) but it still made me giggle.

Skydra

Someone at school was annoying me ( he knew I played Pokemon), I said something along the lines of "shut the **** up", and he said; "What are you going to do, summon up a Venusaur and kill me?"

Funny because you don't "summon" Pokemon, you catch them, and a Pokemon's goal is to defeat the enemy, not kill them.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
My friend tried telling me stats could go up to 999.

Actually that's true... with AR or stat boosters. If my Pokemon has 250 attack and I use Swords Dance three times, it will have 999 attack.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I was playing my DS during a recess at school a long time ago. i was using i think a Magnezone against a Sandslash, and someone came up and said, "you should shock it to death"

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
People who say "Poh-kee-man", even after I correct them. It's just plain annoying. But also funny.
Nope, it's just annoying.

Penguinist Trainer

I don't have any specific quotes, but the funniest things I've ever heard non-fans say usually revolve around pokemon being the equivalent of devil worshipping and stuff like that.

i mean seriously, i know you're trying to rally people to your cause or whatever, but pokemon is so tame compared to other games out there. it's so funny to me when i hear people actually have something against pokemon.

People who say "Poh-kee-man", even after I correct them. It's just plain annoying. But also funny.
Nope, it's just annoying.
then you will hate me i've been saying po-key-mon since red.

on topic i had this guy at my old school who saw me and my freinds play pokemon and he said it was stupid (exact reaction)
"is that pokemon you playing" (Him)
"yeah why?" (me)
"well its sh*t you should play real games like modern warfare 2 or something"
after that i didn't take him seriously anymore

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
then you will hate me i've been saying po-key-mon since red.

on topic i had this guy at my old school who saw me and my freinds play pokemon and he said it was stupid (exact reaction)
"is that pokemon you playing" (Him)
"yeah why?" (me)
"well its sh*t you should play real games like modern warfare 2 or something"
after that i didn't take him seriously anymore
Poh-kay-mon I don't mind, it's the A sound that drives me insane: Poh-kee-MAN instead of poh-kee-MON.

And yeah, that whole business of so-called mature, "real" games insults me, because Pokemon has way more strategy involved than any other game I can think of!

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
A very long long time ago when I was in the 5th grade, my friend thought that if you caught a Pokemon in red health and left in the PC for a while it will die.