• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread

Looks like Giants just got swept by the Cubs. I'm sure that's what an odd year will do to them.

The Dodgers really need to pick up some slack! How can they win it all if they can't even beat the frickin' Pirates? How? They need to step up and be clutch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
The Dodgers really need to pick up some slack! How can they win it all if they can't even beat the frickin' Pirates? How? They need to step up and be clutch.

Don't the Pirates have the second or third best record in the entire MLB?

BCVM22

The Dodgers really need to pick up some slack! How can they win it all if they can't even beat the frickin' Pirates?

The Pirates, somehow, have the second best record in the NL. They aren't bottom feeders, no matter how many quizzical looks I give certain parts of their roster.

Oh that's easy. Jim Johnson isn't very good and Don Mattingly isn't very smart. There's no mystery there.

They need to step up and be clutch.

This has never meant anything, ever, in the history of baseball. It's generic speak for "this team is underperforming and there's no magic elixir to change that."

If they're going to have any success in the postseason, they need to beat teams like the Cardinals and the Pirates.

I'm not going to say the regular season has no influence on the postseason, but the regular season has no influence on the postseason. Beating St. Louis and Pittsburgh in July and August has no bearing on their odds of doing so in October. I know we like to think it works that way and that narrative gets pushed on us endlessly by an often absolutely clueless national media, but it doesn't worj that way.

Last edited:
This has never meant anything, ever, in the history of baseball. It's generic speak for "this team is underperforming and there's no magic elixir to change that."

I'm not going to say the regular season has no influence on the postseason, but the regular season has no influence on the postseason. Beating St. Louis and Pittsburgh in July and August has no bearing on their odds of doing so in October. I know we like to think it works that way and that narrative gets pushed on us endlessly by an often absolutely clueless national media, but it doesn't worj that way.

Of course these don't mean anything, I'm just expressing my general frustration toward the team (especially considering its performance in the past two postseasons).

BCVM22

Perfectly understandable, but it's important to remember and accept that baseball is a cold, dark, cruel, angry, spiteful sport. It is not a living thing, but it hates just the same. I takes and takes and seldom gives anything back. It makes 100 foot pop ups into key RBIs, turns 400 foot fly balls and 110 mph exit velocities into outs, it makes scapegoats out of world-class players and it turns the scrubbiest scrubs to ever scrub into heroes. It's a game that makes NO sense. None. If a hitter does his job 30% of the time he's considered "good." And this will all go against your team - that is, the team that you follow, no matter who "you" is - most of the time, whether it does or doesn't. And yet inexplicably we follow it just the same, ostensibly because we get some sick pleasure out of it. Once you accept these dark, nihilistic realities of the sport, it's much easier to watch.

baseball history happened Tuesday for the first time in MLB history all 15 home teams won on the same day

Wow. I actually didn't notice that yesterday. It is history that we are witnessing.

Another day, another no-hitter, this time thrown by Hisashi Iwakuma. So far in 2015 we already had four no-hitters.

Meanwhile Kershaw had his 6th 200K season. The guy's basically already in the Hall of Fame.

finnbalor27

NXT Champion
Kershaw has played since '08 and he's consistently been one of the greatest pitchers, if not THE greatest pitcher, in the MLB. This dude is 27, just entering his prime, and he could very well be pitching for twenty seasons. I feel that when his career is over, he will be the GOAT in terms of pitchers.

Kershaw has played since '08 and he's consistently been one of the greatest pitchers, if not THE greatest pitcher, in the MLB. This dude is 27, just entering his prime, and he could very well be pitching for twenty seasons. I feel that when his career is over, he will be the GOAT in terms of pitchers.

It'll be hard for him to become the greatest but it's still possible.

Kyle Schwarber is just absolutely on fire. Had he came up a couple of months earlier he'll be a lock for ROY.

I just realized that the Blue Jays won again today... Man when will they ever lose?