1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mod+

Discussion in 'SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge' started by Sajuuk, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Sajuuk

Sajuuk The Sajuuk-Khar!

What's that? Never heard of Mod+ before.

2. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

It's a promotion for a mod that's been doing a great job.

3. Mod+' s here have the same powers as mods (close/open threads, infract users, delete posts, etc) but can also delete signatures and ban users. Its the ground between mod and smod.

^No, its not a pat on the back, otherwise pretty much everyone would be pushed to mod+. Mods are promoted to mod+ when certain forums (usually the more active ones) could use a little bit more support.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  4. Cooltrainer Seth ♂

Cooltrainer Seth ♂ To shreds you say?

Is a mod+ this sites version of a Global Moderater or Super Mod?

5. Sajuuk

Sajuuk The Sajuuk-Khar!

Thank you very much for your answers posters #1, and #2.
    Above poster: No, it's not. Super Mods can post all over, mods can't.

6. Cooltrainer Seth ♂

Cooltrainer Seth ♂ To shreds you say?

I know what a Super Mod is -_-.
    I was just asking if Mod+ was what you called them here.

7. No, we do have super mods here. Mod+ is just an step inbetween mod and smod/global mod.

Theoretically mod+ were only supposed to be able to ban and edit sigs in the forums they mod in, but IIRC the way it was set up is a bit weird so its through the entire forum.

The difference between mod+ and super mod is that smods can close threads, delete posts, etc in any forum but mod+ can only do that in the forums they are assigned to.

8. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

I misunderstood sorry, i never understood how the mod system worked.

9. Thats ok :p It can get confusing.. I'm not even totally sure what mod+ can and cant do. When we promote mod to mod+, we have to manually go in and change all the permissions for each forum they;re modded in (pain in the ***) and only a few months ago I noticed there was a bunch of inconsistency over what permissions were set between different mod+. Some could edit polls and some couldnt, some could delete social groups and others couldnt ... it's all a bunch of little things really, but the differences exist. Add constant forum lag to that, and thus we don;t care enough to go back through and make everyone the same.

When we promote someone to user --> mod or mod+ --> smod, smod-->admin its just a simple 3-click change, so those are all uniform.