• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Monkey! O:

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
Hi everybody, 3rd RMT.
Shoddy Team that often did well.
Most of Times i'm winning, but i think that the EVs aren't correct, and most of my EVs are taken from Smogon and i don't like it. XD
Team At A Glance
dpmfb392.png
dpmfb212.png
dpmfb227.png
dpmfb245.png
dpffb242.png
dpmfb479.png

dpmba392.png

[SIZE="-4"]Rhys29[/SIZE] (Infernape) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 32 Atk/252 Spd/224 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Close Combat
Great lead. Fake Out, SR, Sweep.
Deals with a lot leads nothing more to tell lol.
i'm not sure about the EVs.
---
dpmba212.png

[SIZE="-4"]SkyNet [/SIZE](Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP/244 Atk/224 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Quick Attack / X-Scissor
LO Scizor is a great pokemon.
with Quick Attack/Bullet Punch+LO+SD+Technician it's power is in the sky *-*
Superpower deals with a lot of other things, a lot.
40 HP give me the LO recoil, 224 allows me to outrun max speed Adamant Tyranitar.
EVs by Blue Ace.
---
dpmba227.png

[SIZE="-4"]BaldWombat[/SIZE] (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
My invisible Skarm. No seriously i can't see it's back sprite :<
Spiker, Physical Wall and Stats Hazer ( that's how it's called? XD ).
Spikes for more damage+SR, Whirlwind for Hazing, Brave Bird for some offense and Roost For Healing.
EVs from Smogon, and they're work.
---
dpmba245.png

[SIZE="-4"]JmH_Reborn[/SIZE] (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 216 Def / 56 SDef
Bold nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Toxic
Suicune, Suicune, Suicune.
Cune is my Gyara, Mence, DNite etc. counter.
it can't be OHKOd from Gyara's Stone Edge, EQ, Waterfall or Ice Fang even with LO and 2 DDs.
2HKOd from 2 DDs Outrage's Mence and DNite, but still as a time to counter them with Ice Beam.
Also i'm not that sure with the EVs.
---
dpfba242.png

[SIZE="-4"]Rad3n[/SIZE] (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 Def / 84 SpA / 176 SpD
Calm nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
Wish Passer.
By Rad3n said:
The choice between Def or HP isn't negligible. With 248 HP Evs, you won't survive Dugtrio's CB Earthquake. 136 HP / 112 Def Calm will always Survive a Dugtrio's CB Earthquake after SR and is a good option if you feel that you need more special bulk. Of Softboiled and Protect, Softboiled is the more effective option in terms of not only overall PP (thus stalling ability), but effectiveness in practise as well. Protect gives your opponent a Chance to set up while you heal, Softboiled does not. In terms of actual Toxistall, Wish+Softboiled has pretty much the same effectiveness as Wish+Protect. If you really hate the idea of running Ice Beam but still want to deal with Mence, ThunderWave can be run over Toxic... but then you may as well run the Cleric set you have now. Given that you have Stat up sweepers and Whirlwind on Skarm, Seismic toss isn't really necessary. An Offensive move will be more beneficial in the end.

---
dpmba479.png

[SIZE="-4"]Blue Ace[/SIZE] (Rotom-H) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Overheat
- Discharge
By Blue Ace said:
You seem to have a lot of issues against the stronger Fighting types such as Machamp and Heracross , sure you can revenge kill but that's not a good enough measure sometimes. A bulky ResTalk Rotom can probably help out?
Than i said: "maybe a DS Rotom?"-
and here we got it.

Thank you!
Pics are from:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html

Last edited:

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
With dual-priority, I'm not sure you need to be running that much speed on Scizor, especially since BP hits T-Tar SE. You might need to aim lower. I'd say go for standard Magnezone, but from what I understrand, standard Magnezone nowadays is Scarfed, so you'd need a Scarf to take it down. I guess that's all the more reason to build bulkier and rely on SD and Technician boosted priority to take things down. Try this set:

40 HP/252 Atk/168 Def or SpD/48 Spe

The Speed EVs let you outrun the standard Smogon "Steel Killer" Magnezone. Max out Attack, keep 40 in HP for your LO number and then dump the rest into either one of the defenses. Def lets you build on your higher stat, but SpD is if you're paranoid about taking repeated T-bolts from 'Zone.

I'm also not sure how Heatran counters Swampert since it can't reliably switch into any of its STAB attacks.

Flamethrowa55

^ Exactly, You may get a surprise revenge kill on Swampert, but your most likely going to get hit with a surf or EQ while switching in, if you consider it a counter.

Quick attack on scizor..Eh..You may want to change that.
Priority at base 60 power is alright, But, not very effective Bullet punches will be doing 45, anyway. And X scissor or roost could be more useful in quick attack's spot.
You probably wont be picking off zapdos with scizor anyway

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
JmH_Reborn? It's been a long time since I've seen that name....

Actually Ultimo, his Scizor actually really needs to be able to outspeed Tyranitar, since he really doesn't have anything 100% solid to deal with it. An un-SDed Bullet Punch barely shaves off a little more than half against Max HP Tar.

- For Suicune, based off your description anyway, it sounds like you would be better off using 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD, for being able to take hits from the listed pokes the best.

Otherwise: 236 HP/ 216 Def/ 56 SpD; is also acceptable, Optimal Leftovers recovery, jump point in defense and extras in Special Defense for a little padding.

And in case the Special Defense EVs on your current ARE for something that I overlooked, then a better spread would be: 236 HP/ 96 Def/ 176 SpD. Which is bulkier than your current one.

- I strongly recommend Wish Blissey > Cleric Blissey also, Scizor and Suicune will both appreciate the pseudo healing it gives, which is important since both fulfill very important roles for you, and having them smacked around by rocks and residual damage diminishes their potential to do the best they possibly can. Blissey also wants Calm, Bold doesn't do anything anymore.

Also a note, hitting something for super effective doesn't mean you counter them, therefore Heatran is not a Swampert counter. You seem to have a lot of issues against the stronger Fighting types such as Machamp and Heracross , sure you can revenge kill but that's not a good enough measure sometimes. A bulky ResTalk Rotom can probably help out?

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
Duly noted. Fire Blast T-Tar can really hurt Scizor. Carry on then, nothing to see here.

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
thank you for the posts, i'm glad that no one said me something bad about the nicks XD

Blue Ace~
so Heatran is a revenge killer. what does it means?
there are some concepts that i don't really understand.
for Suicune i took the second spread.
yea i need also a Wish-Passer. XD
can anyone give me a moveset?
maybe a bulky DS Rotom?
calum~
Magnezone trapped me yesterday, will consider that.
Flamethrowa55~
will consider X-Scissor.
UltimoVensaur~
will consider the EVs, but i might not change them.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Well looking over your team again, you will lack a status absorber with Blissey as a wish variant. Vaporeon can fulfill a very similar role as Suicune while providing you the Wish support you need, so that is an option to think over.

As for Rotom...

Rotom @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
252 HP/ 80 Def/ 176 SpD
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Shadow Ball/ Overheat/ Leaf Storm
- Discharge

Last edited:

Rad3n

Banned
---
dpfba242.png

[SIZE=-4]Rad3n[/SIZE] (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP/232 Def/130 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
Status Absorber and Aromatherapist.
EVs allows me the Leftovers recovery and the Def. EVs gives her tons of bulk.
Seismic Toss+Thunder Wave rulez.
Softboiled for Healing, Aromatherapy... i don't need to explain.
Will be a WISH BLISSEY
---

*can't rate much... in hurry*

Firstly; I am not a fat middle aged female blob D:

Secondly; I am assuming that you'll take Blue Ace's advice and elect wishbliss only to give it the Standard Smogon set with Flamethrower.

If you're running WishBliss, you don't need Flamethrower as everything else on your team can, to some extent, handle Scizor and friends. You're actually more vulnerable to specially offensive Salamence (and a bit to Dugtrio D:). Giving your Suicune a more specially defensive spread can fix this but it will leave you a little Gyara weak. For this reason, I recommend Ice Beam in Blissey's third slot. 187 SpA is needed for the 0HKO on 80 HP Mence after SR which requires only 4 SpA Evs. 84 Evs are needed to always 0HKO 40 HP Dugtrio after SR. Keep in mind our set would look something like this:

242.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
248 Def / 84 SpA / 176 SpD
Calm - Natural Cure
~ Wish
~ Softboiled
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic

The choice between Def or HP isn't negligible. With 248 HP Evs, you won't survive Dugtrio's CB Earthquake. 136 HP / 112 Def Calm will always Survive a Dugtrio's CB Earthquake after SR and is a good option if you feel that you need more special bulk. Of Softboiled and Protect, Softboiled is the more effective option in terms of not only overall PP (thus stalling ability), but effectiveness in practise as well. Protect gives your opponent a Chance to set up while you heal, Softboiled does not. In terms of actual Toxistall, Wish+Softboiled has pretty much the same effectiveness as Wish+Protect. If you really hate the idea of running Ice Beam but still want to deal with Mence, ThunderWave can be run over Toxic... but then you may as well run the Cleric set you have now. Given that you have Stat up sweepers and Whirlwind on Skarm, Seismic toss isn't really necessary. An Offensive move will be more beneficial in the end.