• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help OU team.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Well, I already gave you a good reason to choose Scizor over Lucario. :)

Darklyon

Breeder
Ok, I chose Scizor over Lucario. How is my team now? Do you guys think I have some chance on future competitions or I need to do more changes?

Ryan7437

Banned
Ice Fang > Substitue. Landorus/Latias/Latios and everything else that is part-Flying or has levitate stops it cold. 27 fully evolved with levitate, 55 flying (54 if you minus Fan Rotom twice) that equals 81 Pokemon you can't hit, most flying types can be hit neutrally/super effective from Ice Fang and all pokemon from Levitate get hit neutrally/super effective bar Bronzong/Bronzor. Much better option imo.

Darklyon

Breeder
Ice Fang > Substitue. Landorus/Latias/Latios and everything else that is part-Flying or has levitate stops it cold. 27 fully evolved with levitate, 55 flying (54 if you minus Fan Rotom twice) that equals 81 Pokemon you can't hit, most flying types can be hit neutrally/super effective from Ice Fang and all pokemon from Levitate get hit neutrally/super effective bar Bronzong/Bronzor. Much better option imo.

You mean Gengar right? If so Ice fang is a bad idea because it's a physical move, but if the problem is flying I could use Thunderbolt like in my previously moveset, and for Latias/Latios I have Shadow Ball.

Atrocious

I think he's talking about Gliscor perhaps? Seems like the only logical thing to me but Toxic already takes the twins and Landorus and Gliscor shouldn't be facing the Lati twins anyways unless it's behind a Sub as Draco Meteor will pretty much OHKO and Landy-T can OHKO with HP Ice.

Ryan7437

Banned
^ I mean Gliscor. If he is your last pokemon vs gengar you can't win.

Darklyon

Breeder
^ I mean Gliscor. If he is your last pokemon vs gengar you can't win.
Sorry, I forgot that Gliscor has substitute then I thought that you were talking about Gengar. About the Ice Fang, I think that substitute still better, but if he's my last pokemon against Gengar like you said, I will lose for sure, but I'll take the risk. Thanks for help. ^.^.
Do you guys think that I should switch something or my team is good now?
Edit:
I tried this team on pokemon showdown and It's doing very well, sometimes I make some stupid moves but my team is good, the only problem is that I don't have much fire and grass moves, if my dragonite dies I can't do much damage against Grass and Steel pokemons, and I don't have nothing effective against Water if my Starmie dies, and Grass is the only way to hit Water/Ground pokemons hard. So what do you guys think about ferrothorn instead metagross for Stealth Rock?

Last edited:

Darklyon

Breeder
I don't know if I can do this, but I really need advices, then I need this on first page. Sorry for double posting.

SwagmasterYOLO

On Dragonite try Substitute over Dragon Dance because Choice Scarf Haxorus outspeeds even after a Dragon Dance and OHKOs through Multiscale and Substitute also blocks status which is useful, as any status completely cripples Dragonite. Also try Earthquake over Fire Punch due to higher base power and because of how common rain is in OU. You could also try the Parashuffle Multiscale abuse Dragonite set and maybe run Swords Dance Scizor over Choice Band to sweep the crippled team.

Darklyon

Breeder
On Dragonite try Substitute over Dragon Dance because Choice Scarf Haxorus outspeeds even after a Dragon Dance and OHKOs through Multiscale and Substitute also blocks status which is useful, as any status completely cripples Dragonite. Also try Earthquake over Fire Punch due to higher base power and because of how common rain is in OU. You could also try the Parashuffle Multiscale abuse Dragonite set and maybe run Swords Dance Scizor over Choice Band to sweep the crippled team.
Thanks for your help, I liked the idea of Substitute on Dragonite I will try this. The problem with Earthquake is that my team won't have Fire-Type moves, what do you think I should do about this? And about Scizor I was thinking to do this, what do you think is better a offensive or bulky Swords Dance set?
EDIT: I tried Sub on Dragonite and I didn't like it so I will stay with DD.

Last edited:

Ryan7437

Banned
^ But after Sub you break Multiscale.