• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Normal Types

Bobblefighter

Relic Owner
THEY ARE JUST MAIN POKEMON WHICH ARE BASICALLY THE SAME AS ANIMALS! SO BIBAREL IS A BEAVER, SPOINK IS A PIG AND GIRAFARIG IS A GIRAFFE! Just wait a second, giraffes aren't psychic!

Giraffes also don't have another brain on their tail that looks like a chain chomp either! :p

growlithe_master

<-- Ain't it cute?
i think that normal types are pokemon based off of mammalian animals that live on land (so no wailord) and birds (for all those normal/flying types). yeah, there might be a few oddballs, but this theory works most of the time.

Last edited:

mas

They don't have anything special.
Standerd.

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
Yeah really normal types are Pokemon and not animals, cause they learn attacks, AND they are more obidient/powerful than a animal xD

Take Ursaring as an example. Looks like a Bear, but packs a punch xD

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
They don't have anything special.
Standerd.

? Keleckon can be invisible.

Snorlax eats tons of food every day and is fatter than 20 elephants.

Porygon can travel through cyberspace.

Arceus, the GOD of pokemon is a normal type.

Ditto can transfom from Magikarp to a freakin Palkia.

Yup. That is SO normal. SURE. And theres a miliion other pokemon normal with Amazing Powers.

? Keleckon can be invisible. like the chameleon it is based in

Snorlax eats tons of food every day and is fatter than 20 elephants. like a really fat guy (no offense intended for fat guys)

Porygon can travel through cyberspace. it's a duck but doesn't live near water...

Arceus, the GOD of pokemon is a normal type. It's of every type. And remember all pokemon are made at the image of god, it's just that everyone had a different image of god (?)

Ditto can transfom from Magikarp to a freakin Palkia. after ditto transforms it can lose it's normal typing, so it should stop being normal. While normal, it's a gum.

Yup. That is SO normal. SURE. And theres a miliion other pokemon normal with Amazing Powers.

Fixed in bold :p

Machete

Phoenixphire

I never said plants or whatnot. :O

But can you tell me what Animal/Plant/Whatnot Ditto is based on?

And if I saw THAT on Easter Morning, I would sh*t my pants. That is one fat arse rabbit.

I think Custard?

Missingno.Fan

I always thought of normal as being the default type, if a Pokemon didn't have powers outside of what animals do in real life

Farmermon

Is back once again!
I always thought of normal as being the default type, if a Pokemon didn't have powers outside of what animals do in real life

Mostly my thoughts too, however they can learn a much larger variety of moves than other pokes can too

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
What make poke normal ...? ..let me see..Looks so much like a real animal maybe?

demnz

I hate breeding
Just because there is a normal type doesnt mean a pokemon is normal, because no pokemon is normal. Normal type is just another type in pokemon.

Yes, every pokemon is unique. I didn't necessarily mean that all normal types are bland and have nothing special about them. I just meant that being a Normal type, I think, means they really don't have unique powers.

About the animal thing, the Whismur evolution line and Castform don't really seem like animals. I don't think all normal types are based off of animals, just some. Like how some pokemon of other types are based off of animals, and others aren't.

This is what I think also. (Besides Ditto and Castform, really...)

SolarPowerX

I always thought normal was a type that had potential. They have insane move pools, it's hard to predict what they'll do. Though they don't beat anything directly, they have only one weakness, which is taken care of by flying attacks(Normal/Flying, aerial ace). Since they can learn all these diffrent types of moves, they could score plenty of supper-effective hits.

Last edited:

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
My guess is for some Pokémon, Normal can also be thought as an Animal Type.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I think Normal Pokemon can do almost any types of moves. can't they use all TM's?

Wait, nobody noticed this?

No, of course no. While there are a few odd exceptions, Like Meowth learning Water Pulse and Thunderbolt, or Zangoose learning Ice Beam and Flamethrower, the only Pokemon that can learn every TM is Mew, plain and simple. Normal types don't specialize in any type, while every Pokemon can specialize in Normal type attacks. It's a default type, and that's really all it is.