1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Online/Communication Features Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Satoshi & Touko, May 1, 2018.

?

PSS, Festival Plaza, or something else?

1. PSS

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Festival Plaza

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Something else

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Performing suits Serena perfectly. ^^

I don't see a thread for this topic yet, so hopefully I'm going to be okay making this one.

Discuss the potential "online" side of things regarding Pokemon Switch. In gen 6 we had the PSS as the hub for battling and training, and one could also view the PR videos people had made. In gen 7 we had the Festival Plaza. In addition to it being the hub for battling/trading, it featured various facilities that you could get and use via Festival Coins.

So what could be going on for Pokemon Switch? Do you think we will get PSS? Festival Plaza? Something else?

2. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

I want the PSS back. It was easy to use, had extra perks like O-Powers, online videos were easy to access and upload, and it allowed you to connect online from anywhere and play through the game while connected.

The Plaza was a huge step back and I’ll be very happy if we never have anything like it again. Areas like it should be separate extras, not mandatory for connecting online.

Bolt the Cat likes this.
  3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I'd definitely like a feature similar to PSS to be featured on screen, where the player can access communication features right on the menu, as well as having a list of passers-by, friends, etc. directly accessible from the overworld as in from the menu.

Bolt the Cat likes this.
  4. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Well-Known Member

My guess is they'll come up with something entirely new. I just hope that they've learned from the mistakes of the past. Festival Plaza in essence isn't a bad idea, it was just too complicated and confusing to use beyond trading and battling for a lot of players. With better explanations and better execution (like upgradeable facilities, less reliance on luck, faster Game Sync, more use for certain facilities like the Ball Shop) it could've been great.

Bolt the Cat likes this.
  5. Aetius

Aetius Sky Emperor

I'd hope for a fusion between the two or maybe it would be more preferable the simoultaneous presence of these two elements.
    Basically a place comparable to the Join Avenue in BW2 and the PSS from XY/ORAS.

6. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

It'll definitely be something new, but I hope it'll have the PSS' convenience. Having online communication right there on the touch screen made it quick and easy to find someone to trade or battle with. Now since the Switch doesn't have a touch screen, it inevitably won't be as convenient this time, but just adding the online system to the menu and then opening it up from there would be good enough and much closer to the PSS than Festival Plaza.

7. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

PSS was more convenient since it could be easily accessed from the bottom screen.

Festival Plaza was more complicated than it needed to be. In USUM I disliked being forced into the tutorial on Akala Island. I rushed through the tutorial to get back to the main game and never returned. In the end I used the Quick Link feature instead to trade and battle with local friends.

8. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Performing suits Serena perfectly. ^^

Now to answer my own question, I think it will be something new. That being said, what I hope from it is...

Persistent online connectivity like what the PSS had
    Things to do with other players besides just battling and trading, like we sort of did with Festival Plaza's missions.