• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Possible Tandemaus Evolution Method Found

Kasumi_Goto

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Everyone has been saying all different things in order to evolve Tandemaus. Some people have claimed that it's entirely random, some people say it just happens in your party or your box(This is on Serebii right now), some have said you have to have it win a trainer battle and then it will just evolve.

None of those methods have worked for me. But while trying to get the Family of Three form, I stumbled upon a method that has so far in my testing produced a Maushold 100% of the time for me(32/32). While I would need to breed one to see the exact level at which it evolves, I do believe 25 is right.

The method is simple: Have Tandemaus in your party and level it up through battling other pokemon. It can be at any position in your party, it doesn't matter. You can face trainers or wild pokemon, it works for both. However, if Tandemaus is in positions 2-6 of your party, it will just spontaneously evolve without any of the pomp and circumstance of usual evolution. However, if it is in the first slot of your party, it will get the usual evolution animation.

I believe that the reason it seems random is that because most people wouldn't lead off with Tandemaus as their first pokemon in their party and when they see it for the first time after it leveled up a few times, it seems like it evolved randomly. As for the box situation, I've had one in a box since saturday, and it's not evolved, but the moment I took it out and leveled it up in a battle once? Instant Maushold. Another contributing factor to this is that no matter how many candies you feed it, it'll never evolve that way. It has to be in a battle.

I know that I haven't tried to evolve enough of them to truly be considered 100% scientific, but I'm just a woman with her switch and a copy of the game. I neither have the equipment nor the knowhow to dig into the game code to see if I'm right for 100% sure. I didn't even originally intend to do this in the first place, I was just creating a living dex in Violet and sort of stumbled upon this by accident while trying to get a specific form.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Everyone has been saying all different things in order to evolve Tandemaus. Some people have claimed that it's entirely random, some people say it just happens in your party or your box(This is on Serebii right now), some have said you have to have it win a trainer battle and then it will just evolve.

None of those methods have worked for me. But while trying to get the Family of Three form, I stumbled upon a method that has so far in my testing produced a Maushold 100% of the time for me(32/32). While I would need to breed one to see the exact level at which it evolves, I do believe 25 is right.

The method is simple: Have Tandemaus in your party and level it up through battling other pokemon. It can be at any position in your party, it doesn't matter. You can face trainers or wild pokemon, it works for both. However, if Tandemaus is in positions 2-6 of your party, it will just spontaneously evolve without any of the pomp and circumstance of usual evolution. However, if it is in the first slot of your party, it will get the usual evolution animation.

I believe that the reason it seems random is that because most people wouldn't lead off with Tandemaus as their first pokemon in their party and when they see it for the first time after it leveled up a few times, it seems like it evolved randomly. As for the box situation, I've had one in a box since saturday, and it's not evolved, but the moment I took it out and leveled it up in a battle once? Instant Maushold. Another contributing factor to this is that no matter how many candies you feed it, it'll never evolve that way. It has to be in a battle.

I know that I haven't tried to evolve enough of them to truly be considered 100% scientific, but I'm just a woman with her switch and a copy of the game. I neither have the equipment nor the knowhow to dig into the game code to see if I'm right for 100% sure. I didn't even originally intend to do this in the first place, I was just creating a living dex in Violet and sort of stumbled upon this by accident while trying to get a specific form.
I don’t know about this theory. I had one in the lead at level 25 and it level up to 25 and it didn’t evolve. It took another three levels in the third spot in my party before it evolved into Maushold with two babies.

Kasumi_Goto

I haven't tested the exact level of evolution yet, all the Tandemaus I've caught were level 28, 29, or 35. I'm going to try to breed a Maushold with a ditto and find the exact level, level by level. But every Tandemaus I've caught that I've got into a battle with, it evolved after the battle.

Edit: Raised it from level 1. Evolved into Maushold(Family of Four) at level 25. Used it as my front runner the entire time.

Last edited: