• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Problems with Serial Code

FireChick

I don't know if this is the right place to put it. If it isn't, feel free to delete or move it. I'm having some problems with my 3DS. I got my Diancie serial code and at first I tried to put it in but couldn't because Nintendo was apparently undergoing maintenance. I waited later and tried to connect to the internet with it, but then this message kept showing up, saying "You need to download a new version of this software." At first I thought my 3DS needed updates so now I updated it, but I go back to Mystery Gift and it keeps saying I need to download new software! What does that mean? The serial code thing worked just fine with the Gengar event! I don't know why it's acting like this!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Maybe you need to get the new XY update (1.3)?

My sibling has had similar issues with the Mega-Gengar code, but I am pretty sure this could be a reason why.