• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rate please

atml

The Earth's Might
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability : Levitate
Naive Nature
EVs : 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves : Stealth Rock, Taunt, Psychic, Explosion

Standard lead straight from smogon.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability : Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
EVs : 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Moves : Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Explosion, Gyro ball

Spinner which i really need but I am not opposed to switching Forry out for something else.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability : Blaze
Naive Nature
EVs : 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Moves : Fire Blast, Close Combat, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Ice

Was on my first team and i found it to be very helpful and Grass Knot is there for Swampert switch in and Hidden Power Ice is for ground and the occasional dragon type which is also covered by Starmie.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability : Natural Cure
Timid Nature
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves : Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Recover

Used also on my first team and does well for Heatran, Sub-Spore Breloom, and Celebi. Recover is there to take away the Life Orb Damage but if I need a Rapid Spinner I can replace Recover with Rapid Spin

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
EVs : 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Moves : Bullet Punch, Superpower, U-Turn, Pursuit

My favorite poke on this team and is probably my most used attacker

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability : Levitate
Timid Nature
EVs : 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves : Protect, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power Fire

Mysticgar straight from smogon quite simple. Used for non scarfed Tyranitar and Choice Band Scizor.

OK so my main worry about this team is Heatan but I know there are several other weaknesses also. I know i need to take out either Forretress or Scizor but I need a spinner and Scizor is an overall good poke in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
I'd suggest removing toxic spikes for stealth rock. While toxic spikes is useful, it gets removed by something as simple as a crobat-switch, and doesn't hurt the too-common steels running around. Gengar could use explosion/thunderbolt over protect/hp fire, seeing as life orb would murder anything explosion touched.

The team is decent though it lacks a resistance to two common attack types: Electric and Rock. Without these resistances your team will have trouble with SpecsJolt, Zapdos, Rotom-A, and Tyranitar along with maybe a few others. Using a Rotom-A of your own in place of Gengar can let you still have a Ghost while gaining an Electric resist. A good set to stay with the offensive nature of the team would be either the Choice set or the SubCharge set. Forretress is out of place since this team isn't very defensive, so I would advise replacing it with something such as Lucario, Metagross or Jirachi which can all help this team remain offensive as well as dealing with Rock type attacks if needed. If you still wish to keep Rapid Spin you should put it on Starmie over either Thunderbolt or Ice Beam. Another thing that could be a threat is Gyarados which can wreck this team pretty badly if it gets a Dragon Dance (which it won't have trouble getting against Scizor.) If you get a ScarfRotom as suggested earlier though it should be manageable, though you could also use a more defensive Starmie set to provide yourself with a secondary Gyarados check.

xLilith

Genesis
I'd suggest removing toxic spikes for stealth rock. While toxic spikes is useful, it gets removed by something as simple as a crobat-switch, and doesn't hurt the too-common steels running around. Gengar could use explosion/thunderbolt over protect/hp fire, seeing as life orb would murder anything explosion touched.
Crobat doesn't remove Toxic Spikes on the switch, seeing as it doesn't even touch the ground. SR doesn't hurt steels, either. His Gengar set is for trapping CBScizors, and adding Explosion to the set wouldn't make much sense, it won't even do a lot to anything at all, especially with Gengar's horrid attack stat and his running a - attack nature. He also shouldn't remove TSpikes from Forry, because, if you actually read over, you'd see that his Azelf has it, and is fully capable of setting it up.

Time for something actually useful.

Azelf is fine, I suppose. It will die against Ttar leads, won't do much against Meta/Swamp leads, and such, however you are able to put rocks up.

I can see troubles with Suicune with your Infernape set, as well as Gyarados. Consider running Thunderpunch instead of Grass Knot? Thunderpunch could get rid of Gyarados and do some damage to Suicune, and Swampert might be a pain, but you'll be able to do decent damage with CC on it, so it's not really a huge problem. HP Ice is there for the Ground types that you'll encounter.

If you're running LO Starmie, might as well use Hydro Pump. I know its accuracy isn't the best, however it'll net you more OHKO's than Surf would.

d0nut makes a very good point. You could get rid of Zapdos and the Rotom formes with smart play, however SpecsJolt seems to be a problem. Outrunning everything in your team and doing major damage to everything.
Try running Tyranitar over Forretress add see if it helps.

Tryranitar @ Leftovers
Careful; 56 HP/ 252 S. Def/ 196 Attack

~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Roar

EQ for ScarfJolt problem, allows you to live. SE for Zapdos, and you could OHKO once rocks is up and with SS damage. Crunch for Rotom formes, and Roar for some forced switch ins.

This is my first rate.
Sorry if I made mistakes c;

What are you trying to do with this team? I would rate but I mean what is there to rate? You're using a suicide lead, and then you're using a random Forretress that doesn't even have the Spikes that an offensive team would appreciate, but Toxic Spikes, which no one on your team benefits from. Not sure what you need a spinner for with only 4 Pokemon taking damage from Spikes and only one being Spikes fodder. Forretress is also setup fodder for AgiliGross who 6-0s. As d0nut mentioned you lack a Rock resist which is suicide in the OU metagame. Try a Flygon or something in place of Forretress. Also, posting "Standard, not much to say here" is giving us the same amount of info as posting no descripts. Tell us why you chose the Pokemon, what he does, and how he fits with the team.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
What are you trying to do with this team? I would rate but I mean what is there to rate? You're using a suicide lead, and then you're using a random Forretress that doesn't even have the Spikes that an offensive team would appreciate, but Toxic Spikes, which no one on your team benefits from. Not sure what you need a spinner for with only 4 Pokemon taking damage from Spikes and only one being Spikes fodder. Forretress is also setup fodder for AgiliGross who 6-0s. As d0nut mentioned you lack a Rock resist which is suicide in the OU metagame. Try a Flygon or something in place of Forretress. Also, posting "Standard, not much to say here" is giving us the same amount of info as posting no descripts. Tell us why you chose the Pokemon, what he does, and how he fits with the team.

I agree with this post completely, I tried to rate this team last night and gave up after I realized that you had so many holes and so many pokes such as Agiligross, Crocune, Dual Prioirty Luke, and Sub DD Kingdra 6-0 you ._. You are also stall weak so let me make one small suggestion of running Rapid Spin > Recover and Hydro Pump > Surf on your Starmie so you can 2HKO the best rapid spinner in the game that is on every stall team, Rotom.

Last edited: