• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reverse 'Dat Team

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Reverse 'Dat Team
186.png
232.png
598.png
593.png
492.png
373.png

Hello there everyone. This team may look as if it is your average n00b's badly constructed, kinda standard and generally awful team. It's not. OK, I'll admit I'm a n00b, it's badly constructed and it's generally awful, but this team isn't standard. It's only got to 1500 on the Pokemon Showdown ladder, which is rediculously crappy, but it's fun to play with, so it's alright. This team uses 3 pokemon with reverse sets, and another non-existant pokemon, so it is quite interesting to play. It's also funny to watch the opponent rage when they realise you've swept them with a Ferrothorn, or something.

I would do a teambuilding thingie here, but I've forgotten how I made the team lol, so we'll get right into it.

186.gif

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 204 Spd / 252 SAtk / 52 HP
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Now OK, this set is quite standard. I normally use either this or Donphan as my starter. Scarf Politoed is interesting, because people don't expect it as much as the other sets, and you can use it to revenge kill unboosted sweepers. I've given it speed EVs to outspeed Alakazam and other base 120s, and no more because I think any more is pretty much useless. I decided against Specs Politoed because I feel it is both too standard for a reverse team, and I think it allows me to push out the sweepers that would beat up my team, as I believe I'm weak to offense (to be honest, I'm pretty weak to everything).
Rain is important to my team because it allows me to boost Jellicent's attacks and increase Ferrothorn and Shaymin's durability against fire types. Although it may not be as useful to me as it is on other teams, I find that it is often really important to get rid of the opponent's team. By not depending on weather it also means that I don't need to win the weather war to win the whole game.
Now, Perish Song allows me to force out tanks that are trying to set up all over me, mainly Latias. Politoed just goes lol in their faces and tells them to go die in a hole. Perish Song could be replaced with Surf though, for those awkward moments when you miss Hydro Pump. Hydro Pump is the power that I need to kill the opponent, although it does miss sometimes :'(. Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Obamasnow for big damage, although it seems to miss more than Hydro Pump. Ice Beam is for those annoying dragons that seem to want to sweep me.

232.gif

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Donphan is my Rapid Spinner and Stealth Rocker, which is very nice because I can get rid of the extremely dangerous Stealth Rocks, and have the opponent get them. I switch around a lot, so I really need to get rid of Stealth Rocks, because otherwise I lose so much HP from all my switch ins. I decided to go for bulky Donphan, because personally I don't like offensive Donphan. I also like using Donphan as a counter to Terrakion, and it can't do that when it's offensive.
Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin are pretty self-explanitory. Ice Shard allows me again to revenge kill pesky sweepers. Earthquake allows me to get a STAB attack to hit hard if I get taunted, and it also deals with Steels.

598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Thunder / Spikes
- Bulldoze
- Gyro Ball

Well, here we come to the first interesting member of the team. Now, you have probably seen Band Ferrothorn before, but this is not Band Ferrothorn. This is Offensive Leftiesthorn. It allows me to pretend to have a normal, defensive ferrothorn, and then POW, I hit something of theirs rediculously hard and often OHKO it. It's very fun, and Ferrothorn is interesting because often even after they've realised it's offensive they can't KO it, because of Ferrothorn's bulkiness.
Power Whip is an obvious STAB that hits hard on many pokemon, mainly the prominent Ground and Waters in OU. Thunder is a bit of an odd choice, but it allows me to 2HKO Gyarados and do some damage on Skarmory, and I have rain to make it 100% accuracy, which is nice. However, Spikes is also very useful to the phazing I get from Salamence, and I do create a lot of switches. Bulldoze hits Steels and Fires hard if they are silly and try and switch in on me. It also does good damage on random pokemon from lower tiers. Gyro Ball is my predominant attack, and it hits hard on a lot of pokemon in the tier. It's really nice to watch the opponent put in something because they think it can beat me, and then I just Gyro Ball and imagine their faces. I can honestly say it is one of the most satisfying things in Pokemon.

593.gif

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 90 Spd / 170 HP
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Water Spout

This thing is also very sexy. I can basically abuse Water Spout on full HP and it will at least 50% on anything (other than darned pink blobs), and if they don't resist then it's practically always a OHKO. The thing is, even after I've shown off one reverse, they still don't expect another. It's rediculous. Mainly, they make stupid switches which allow me to screw them over so much. People will practically always keep stuff in against Jellicent, because despite it's worthiness in OU it normally can't do much damage against them. How very wrong they are. The Speed allows me to outspeed many Tyranitar, as well as Skarmory which is important to deal with.
Ice Beam allows me to hit Dragons and Grasses, which are normally pretty obvious switch ins against Jellicent. Surf is for when I am low on HP and Water Spurt would be less useful. Shadow Ball can hit opposing Jellicent for good damage, as well as the ever prominent Psychics, it's also a nice STAB. Water Spout is rediculously powerful when Jellicent is above around 80% HP, and even below that it is reasonable. I can just mow down the opponent with Jellicent, because nobody would prepare for it.

492.gif

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 200 Spd / 56 HP
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest

Shaymin is just this amazing thing. Hey there. You're dead. It's pretty uncommon in OU, so most people don't know how to deal with it, or even what it's moveset is. I decided to go for Shaymin because it is something uncommon that I can still use to sweep the opponent. It's got really good coverage, and I only really had the room for one fast sweeper so I wanted a well rounded one. The EVs allow it to outspeed Mamoswine and other base 80s (iirc).
Seed Flare is my main STAB, it can hit very hard on a lot of stuff in OU, and is a reasonably typed attack. Earth Power allows me to hit the Steels and Fires that Seed Flare can't manage. It's ridiculous the amount of Heatrans that commit suicide to it. Hidden Power [Ice] is a really nice move for hitting flyings and dragons, so I can get the best coverage I can. Rest allows me to recover all of my HP so I can just switch out and use Natural Cure to be completely fine again. I really like Shaymin because it can just be there as pressure on the opponent.

373.gif

Salamence @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Wish
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Ah, this is an interesting blast from the past. Fatmence the extremely scary. It is an interesting pokemon because it is so unexpected, and actually reasonably good. It can take hits not quite like a truck, but maybe like a jeep or something. Fatmence can abuse Intimidate to be a pain to physical attackers, crippling them if they don’t want to switch out. It’s actually a pretty nice pokemon, and one I would genuinely consider making a serious team around.
Substitute allows me to stall the opponent and be protected from their attacks from a turn. Wish gives me health support to the rest of my team, which Jellicent and Ferrothorn really need. Roost also allows me to heal Mence immediately, which is better in some situations than Wish. Roost also means I can get rid of my 4x Ice weakness. Dragon Tail allows me to do some phasing to the opponent, meaning they have to take more SR damage. I would prefer it if I had Spikes on the team, but I don’t so nevermind.

186.png
232.png
598.png
593.png
492.png
373.png

Well, I hope you enjoyed looking at my crazy mad team. If you have any ideas to make it even crazier, please post them!​

Last edited:

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Herro dere friend.

Loving the offensive shaymin so much so that I might suggest it to others. Seems like a great alternative to offensive celebi yet lacking recover and u turn.

If you're doing offensive ferro, go with choice band > lefties and explosion > thunder. If you're still wanting a steel type with thunder, haxrachi is your poke. Or, if your still wanting paralysis, change your mence to the dnite set that's rather similar to it.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Heh, I ran an offensive WishMence for a while on my Sun team, but that team got mauled if Terrakion got in with the sun not up so I dropped it for Gliscor.

Anyway, agreed on Ferro, it doesn't have the SpA to do much with Thunder. SpecsCent is completely underrated, I've used it before and it has obscene power. Props for that, no changes I can see there.

I'm wondering about Scarf Perish Song though, I can't help but wonder if HP Grass is the better option for getting through Gastrodon. I can see how it'd be useful in removing setup sweepers though.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Herro dere friend.

Loving the offensive shaymin so much so that I might suggest it to others. Seems like a great alternative to offensive celebi yet lacking recover and u turn.

If you're doing offensive ferro, go with choice band > lefties and explosion > thunder. If you're still wanting a steel type with thunder, haxrachi is your poke. Or, if your still wanting paralysis, change your mence to the dnite set that's rather similar to it.
The Choice Band doesn't allow me to switch though. The ability to switch is simply essential to the use of offensive Ferrothorn.
Heh, I ran an offensive WishMence for a while on my Sun team, but that team got mauled if Terrakion got in with the sun not up so I dropped it for Gliscor.

Anyway, agreed on Ferro, it doesn't have the SpA to do much with Thunder. SpecsCent is completely underrated, I've used it before and it has obscene power. Props for that, no changes I can see there.

I'm wondering about Scarf Perish Song though, I can't help but wonder if HP Grass is the better option for getting through Gastrodon. I can see how it'd be useful in removing setup sweepers though.
Offensive Wishmence is a completely differnet thing to Fatmence :3

Ferro like Thunder to deal with threats such as Skarmory and Gyarados, both of which are 2HKOes with Thunder.

Scarf Perish Song isn't actually that bad, it really helps with Latias. Gastrodon isn't really a problem seeing as I have Shaymin and Ferrothorn to deal with it.

Made some changes in bold due to rates I got on smogon.