• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Signature Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Some people didn't edit their sigs after the limit has been set, so some might still have more lines.

And just to make you know: I don't think it's fair either that the mods can have longer sigs and I want it to be changed as well.

What I am saying is there ARE sigs that have been changing ATFER the rule was made and they have MORE than 7 lines.

Fatal

Banned
What about chat quotes?

The quote in my sig is about 10 lines long, and I have no images so look how small my sig is.

I'm not posting to get my sig checked, I'm a sig checker myself, I'm just wondering whether there's an exception for chat quotes that are usually are a good few lines long.

-Fatal

Yami Ryu

I myself am happy about the new restriction on sig size. Before the new rule, I would be scrolling down a topic and some members sigs would be like almost 3 times their post size.

Actually there was a rule for stacking:

NEW - The maximum height allowed is 420 pixels; this should allow plenty of room for whatever you place in your signature. Reference:
reference2sm.png

:/ even with seven line limit you can still break it. And as I said- if everyone can't be forced to abide by rules imposed on users, then why have it at all? Hell, Joe's sig even breaks the rules- ie he has two images over the 200x200 pixel limit.

._. the rules are broken and useless if they come off as elitist.

I don't mean to sound like a rule breaker but... will there ever be any plans to increase size of banners and images???

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
okay. Just checking ;D

Turtloopa

Nintendo!
It's stupid if mods can have sigs breaking rules. Same sig rules for everyone I say. It's not like "I'm mod so I must have better sig!!1!1one"

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Mods aren't allowed rule breaking sigs. I've deleted mods sigs in the past. The fact that sigs are 7 lines ISN'T a rule, it's some thing that Serebii added without consulting or telling anyone. The fact that his sig breaks the rules is in regards to his "my site, I'll do what I want" attitude.

Bonsly-Bud

Also Known as Bonsli
I'm still sorta new here, so I was wondering if I could add a banner and link to the shop I work for in my sig without breaking a rule

M. Espeon

Magic Bounce Espeon
Okay, I need to ask. What about all these trainer cards? They don't fit the 2:1 ratio of banners, but the cards slightly exceed 200 pixels... How would that work?

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Okay, I need to ask. What about all these trainer cards? They don't fit the 2:1 ratio of banners, but the cards slightly exceed 200 pixels... How would that work?

It's a 40,000 pixel total.

Standard trainer card = 228 x 148

228 x 148 = 33,744

33,744 < 40,000

Rashdan

[Insert Wacky Title]
You know, I think the maximum height ought to be reduced slightly. It's still a bit too long. Most of the time, the sig would be twice the length of the post and that gets annoying, real fast.

Not to be disrespective to a staff member, but I'll pick an example. RaZoR LeAf's sig a few posts above. I see a lot of those from merely browsing around randomly.

Last edited:

Xinkc

Knight of Oblivion
Keep pictures 200x200 pixels or Smaller.

can the picture be 400x100 or vis versa?

i can't see why it can't because they would have the same amount of pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.