• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
Even Pikachu got tired of being sidelined by Riolu and normally it takes a lot to make Pikachu angry. :(

In his case though, it seemed rather hypocritical considering how much attention Pikachu usually receives. So watching him get envious of Riolu despite so many Pokemon being overshadowed by Pikachu himself was sort of amusing in an ironic sort of way.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
In his case though, it seemed rather hypocritical considering how much attention Pikachu usually receives. So watching him get envious of Riolu despite so many Pokemon being overshadowed by Pikachu himself was sort of amusing in an ironic sort of way.
Yeah it is my problem with 2019 Series is that Satoshi-Kun's Pikachu was spoiled brat which it is ooc to me

Sham

The Guardian of War
I am disappointed that the anime hasn't taken advantage of the fact that Chloe has two Pokemon in her arsenal instead of shoving Yamper for Eevee. It would be less offensive if Gary, May, Serena, Risa and Lana didn't all own an Eevee. It sucks because he's being pushed aside and it sucks who he's being pushed aside for.

Mew29240

I am disappointed that the anime hasn't taken advantage of the fact that Chloe has two Pokemon in her arsenal instead of shoving Yamper for Eevee. It would be less offensive if Gary, May, Serena, Risa and Lana didn't all own an Eevee. It sucks because he's being pushed aside and it sucks who he's being pushed aside for.

Yamper is pretty much hers in all but one way (capture by Pokeball). There's bound to be an episode down the line that has Chloe catch him officially or Prof. Cerise giving her his Poke Ball if he's got one, I just hope it's soon!

They had the perfect ending route set up with XY, especially since it was the 20th anniversary of Pokémon. They have Ash win, they can just do a timeskip with Ash and Serena's child for SM to symbolize the old generation of fans growing up (basically ending Ash's journey all together but still having him in the show). If they went with the route like they did in canon (Ash loses the league) they can have him go back to Kanto and challenge the league, eventually meeting up with Serena in Hoenn or wherever and developing their relationship which leaves most people of the fandom content.

Instead they decide to pull SM on us. Big mistake. Even Journeys is not looking go so far and is managing to make Ash look like a shell of his former self and taking the focus away from him, which tells us that they should have ended his journey after XY.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly Ash should have just taken the Frontier Brain job and should have been written off at the end of The Battle Frontier series since he peaked then as both a character and a trainer imo. He could have then made a guest appearance in DP.

And Dawn should have been the main protagonist in DP as well tbh since she even had more focus episodes in DP than even Ash anyways.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They had the perfect ending route set up with XY, especially since it was the 20th anniversary of Pokémon. Doesn't matter if Ash wins or loses, they can just do a timeskip with Ash and Serena's child for SM to symbolize the old generation of fans growing up (basically ending Ash's journey all together but still having him in the show). If they went with the route like they did in canon (Ash loses the league) they can have him go back to Kanto and challenge the league, eventually meeting up with Serena in Hoenn or wherever and developing their relationship which leaves most people of the fandom content.

Instead they decide to pull SM on us. Big mistake. Even Journeys is not looking go so far and is managing to make Ash look like a shell of his former self and taking the focus away from him, which tells us that they should have ended his journey after XY.
Thank god this didn't happen, the most unsatisfactory ending to Ash's storyline ever

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Most unsatisfactory is a huge exaggeration but I agree that it would’ve been unfulfilling
I just don't see myself satisfied in any way by that ending honestly, esp since XY had none to little continuity and how Pokémon was never about romance, so that being the endgame goal of Ash after losing the league would be so unsatisfying to me. I won't mind if in the eventual ending ash is shown to end up with Serena for the sake of fanservice, that's irrelevant to me, but I need to see Ash complete the journey he set out to do, him have a certain achievement that he can attribute his vague "Pokémon master" goal idea to and retire. Not have his arc ended after XY with a love angle.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I just don't see myself satisfied in any way by that ending honestly, esp since XY had none to little continuity and how Pokémon was never about romance, so that being the endgame goal of Ash after losing the league would be so unsatisfying to me. I won't mind if in the eventual ending ash is shown to end up with Serena for the sake of fanservice, that's irrelevant to me, but I need to see Ash complete the journey he set out to do, him have a certain achievement that he can attribute his vague "Pokémon master" goal idea to and retire. Not have his arc ended after XY with a love angle.
I agree. I’m just saying I could think of a lot worse ways to end him off imo.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well that's true, ig don't take my words literally haha, when I said it I meant more in terms of how it would be more unsatisfactory then ending his journey after BF, DP or SM (all three which I would still be unhappy about, but atleast better off then this)
Ah gotcha. You’re right about that. We still have to see Ash catch a Dunsparce before anything can be considered a good ending

Status
Not open for further replies.