• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Touch

G50

No longer posting
Touch is a new tv show that premieres tomorrow night. It is about an Autistic boy who cannot speak, yet has a very special ability. He can find patterns in numbers, etc. to predict the future. He also uses this ability to communicate to his father.

I'm personally looking forward to watching this series, and writing my thoughts on this.

ArtCelJirArcRes

Professional Eater of Doritos
Dang! I've been waiting too! The show looks really good; I shall write my thoughts as well. Think- an Autistic kid with a special power? Cool!!!

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Its... interesting. Not sure what to make of it yet

The end was amazing though O_O

Last edited:
I agree the show was abit slow to start....but still interesting. But then it progressed into an amazing end. The bomb scene was chilling. Great pilot episode.

Grei

not the color
Totally thought this topic was about one of the five senses

The commercial looked cool, but I personally have grown tired of shows like that. Numb3rs was about as far as I could go, anything more is... hrm.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Is this that Kiefer Sunderland show?

I saw a promo for it, I think I might give it a week or two to try it.

Aw shucks, apparently I missed it I hope it goes OD.

G50

No longer posting
I thoroughly enjoyed the Pilot episode. It was very touching at the end when he hugged his dad at the end. The bomb scene was intense... I was trying to follow the patterns while watching them go through them. It was really cool how they showed how everybody was connected with the events in the end.

ccangelopearl1362

Fox Broadcasting Company: Touch on Fox
YouTube: Fox Broadcasting Company: Touch Trailer

Hmm… A baggage handler for John F. Kennedy International Airport – with a wife who died on September 11, 2001, no less – a call station worker in Ireland who sometimes dreams of being a singer, a British businessman with expertise in restaurant supplies, an Iraqi boy who’s taking cues in humor from Chris Rock, and a professor with a serious interest in something called… the Fibonacci sequence, as well as a connection with the broader universe. Already, Kiefer Sutherland’s new show looks very promising, and I couldn’t resist enjoying those various numbers as they gradually filtered into my mind. Will the words exchanged between these people hurt or heal them, to paraphrase that usually silent boy narrating during the initial episode, or at least its starting and ending scenes? I will be looking forward to this television program once it airs later this year, around mid-to-late March, so that we may see the journey that Martin Bohm undertakes with his son to decipher these various numerical patterns, touching other people’s lives in the process.

ccangelopearl1362

I remember learning Fibonacci in the 4th grade. When that one guy mentioned it, I remembered.

Really? Well, assuming that that sequence of numbers holds up, the people possessing the next links in the ensuing chain should have multiple opportunities to marvel at their encounters.:

Martin Bohm: My son doesn’t even talk.
Prof. Arthur Teller: Unnecessary, outdated. An evolutionary speed bump, like your pinky toe. He had any formal math training?
Bohm: No, why?
Teller: Mr. Bohm, your son is one of those kids. He discovered the Fibonacci sequence on his own.
Bohm: The what?
Teller: Here. (handing Bohm new book) A mathematical sequence discovered by a 12th-century mathematician named Fibonacci. The pattern’s found in nature, over and over again. The curve of a wave, the spiral of a shell, the segments of a pineapple.

Uh-huh. I might also start looking into these Fibonacci numbers more extensively myself as my curiosity about Touch grows, but I can only wonder about Clea Hopkins’ main role in following the Bohms’ mathematically magical adventure worldwide. I’ll have to imagine that at least some of her colleagues will be no less surprised, if not even more so, at the insights that Martin and Jake end up uncovering from the people connected by these numbers, about their individual dreams, pursuits, and talents.