• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trapinch vs Wooper

Which is the better pokémon (not evolved)

• Wooper

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Trapinch

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Grace B

Wooper Enthusiast
My brother and I have been having this debate for a while, as my favorite pokémon is Wooper and his is Trapinch.

In pokémon Emerald and pokémon XD (Gamecube), we were going to raise a level 100 version of both and have them battle, but we got too busy.

In my opinion, Wooper would definitely win due to the type advantage, but is there any situation where a level 100 Trapinch would lose to a level 100 Wooper? (only counting gen 3 HMs and moves)

Also, based on all factors including cuteness, stats, and types, is Trapinch or Wooper better?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Competitively Wooper would have the edge. Trapinch is less bulky and fast, but Wooper can still tank anything most Trapinches run and can recover most of the damage away. Not to mention they're faster and Wooper can get scald burns. So if a little cup battle comes down to a conventional wooper vs. a conventional trapinch 1v1, Wooper would win. Maybe if the Wooper player plays badly they could end up hit by a bulldoze and then a Z-move before it can recover resulting in a 2HKO, but I'd put my money on wooper.

Wooper has the best design too. Its so hilarious that it has that goofy smile under all circumstances, and it can run ice punch with no arms.

Grace B

Wooper Enthusiast
That is some great insight!! Thanks so much! Ya you are right, it would be pretty difficult for Trapinch to win.

And I agree, I love his dopey look :) Haha imagine getting killed by a guy who looks like :D all the time!

Again, thanks for your insight!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Competitively Wooper would have the edge. Trapinch is less bulky and fast, but Wooper can still tank anything most Trapinches run and can recover most of the damage away. Not to mention they're faster and Wooper can get scald burns. So if a little cup battle comes down to a conventional wooper vs. a conventional trapinch 1v1, Wooper would win. Maybe if the Wooper player plays badly they could end up hit by a bulldoze and then a Z-move before it can recover resulting in a 2HKO, but I'd put my money on wooper.

Wooper has the best design too. Its so hilarious that it has that goofy smile under all circumstances, and it can run ice punch with no arms.
Not that I disagree but wouldn’t it be better to use gen 3 mechanics like @Grace B mentioned