• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Were there plans to make the Striation Triplets and the Shadow Triad the same?

matt0044

I remember this speculation and the very interesting hints given the Triad's individual masks as well as their choice in Pokemon. Whatever happened to Kusaka making Gym Leaders into villains or making composite characters?

matt0044

Possibly considering that BW2 (the games) also went out of their way to debunk this.

Never stopped Kusaka before with how characters are depicted.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Wasn't there a fight between these 2 groups already in the manga? I also on liked the theory but sadly it was debunked already...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, if I have to take a guess, I'd say it was his intention but his editors probably vetoed since the character was a protagonist in the TV show. Or maybe the editors decided Kusaka couldn't make evil gym leaders anymore (I mean, Pryce was the last one wasn't it?)

e9310103838

The most likely reason is that Kusaka decided to try in keeping with the official setting.

(Not for editing reason I think, since Kusaka has repeatedly convinced editors to accept his proposal, for ex. Ruby and Sapphire's character.) ;101;

iml908

I get the feeling Kusaka definitely had that theory in mind. The designs for the Shadow Triad were original, and all based on the Elemental monkeys. He gave each of them the respective type and pose as the Striaton trio as well.

matt0044

Kusaka has repeatedly convinced editors to accept his proposal, for ex. Ruby and Sapphire's character.) ;101;

What example do you mean?

e9310103838

What example do you mean?

I remember Kusaka said (probably from Twitter) at first the editors did not quite agree with Ruby and Sapphire's character. He convinced them to agree.

So I think he does Striation Triplets and the Shadow Triad to different people just they want to in keeping with the officia. ;251;

Last edited:
I always wanted to see the Striaton siblings be evil and I have a feeling that Kusaka had the same idea in mind before something changed the original plans.

matt0044

I always wanted to see the Striaton siblings be evil and I have a feeling that Kusaka had the same idea in mind before something changed the original plans.

If it was BW2, that's never stopped him before with Crys becoming Lyra.

e9310103838

If it was BW2, that's never stopped him before with Crys becoming Lyra.

They are actually the same prototype. It is reasonable since it did not need an extra female protagonist in HGSS. (And in B2W2 case, the protagonists are different characters obviously, so PMSP also does they as different characters.) :515: