• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding question(s)

Kurenka

First of all, apologies if this is covered elsewhere, or if indeed as I expect, what follows are really stupid and obvious questions. I'm not new to Pokemon, however am new to breeding.

So first thing I wanted to do post-main game is share my starter with a few friends who also got the games and we all picked different starters.

After grinding for a while in Max Raids I finally got a near perfect Ditto (5/6 perfect IVs), which I then Hyper trained to make it 6/6. I then started breeding with my starter (Grookey) and eventually ended up with a 4/6 perfect Grookey. To give myself a better chance at a perfect 6/6 I decided to start breeding with that Grookey, giving my perfect Ditto a Destiny Knot. So far so good.

This is where I think my understanding may fail.

I believe a Destiny Knot should guarantee passing 5 out of the 12 IVs (6 from each parent) down to the baby.
Which means as I have a combined total of 10/12 perfect IVs between my parents I should, at worst, end up with a newly hatched Grookey with 3 perfect IVs (at worst the 2 non perfect ones from Grookey being passed down, but then it's impossible for the other 3 IVs passed down to be anything other than perfect), and the 6th IV being random (I assume).

However, I have not had any such luck. I'm yet to get anything over a 4/6 egg (which I'm happy to chalk up to bad luck) but a couple of times had Grookeys hatch with just 2 perfect IVs from this parent combination. Am I misunderstanding something? Will a hypertrained stat not pass down to the egg as perfect?

As I said, apologies if I am misunderstanding some fundemental basics somewhere or going over previously-posted grounds but I'm starting to pull my hair out. All and any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Hyper training doesn't pass down genetically afaik. The genetics will still have a 5/6 Ditto with a 4/6 Grookey.