• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is Zap2it still listing things a week off or is Pokemon on break January 7th?

I could see them only dubbing "The Legend of X, Y, and Z!" if they can't get Cilan's voice actor. Plus that's a fitting title for XYZ to go out on all things considered.

Don't worry about Sun and Moon, it's coming in February for certain. Potentially on Mondays.

How is it hard for them to get Jason Griffith back? I'm pretty sure they still keep using their, uh, star VAs.

And you forget. Amy Rose can get Sonic to voice someone now that she's in charge of voice direction.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Surprised that one of the specials is getting dubbed, since most of those specials that air in Japan usually never get dubbed.

UnovaMaster

They're airing First Day of the Rest of Your Life two weeks in a row, which makes me even more skeptical that they'll dub the Cilan/Clemont outing. Honestly they should probably just save it and in the future they can dub the Sinnoh/Unova specials and make a new Chronicles-like miniseries.

UnovaMaster

The Cilan/Clemont special is not being dubbed, as Pokemon has been pulled from Cartoon Network starting February 4th, 2017.

Sun and Moon will also not be premiering in February on Disney XD. Fair warning that Disney XD's airing schedule for Pokemon might involve a more bomb-like format instead of the weekly format we're used to. Just speculation. Especially if it doesn't pop up by March.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The Cilan/Clemont special is not being dubbed, as Pokemon has been pulled from Cartoon Network starting February 4th, 2017.

Sun and Moon will also not be premiering in February on Disney XD. Fair warning that Disney XD's airing schedule for Pokemon might involve a more bomb-like format instead of the weekly format we're used to. Just speculation. Especially if it doesn't pop up by March.

What do you mean by bomblike format?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

Lol, the Cilan special is the better of the two xD

I imagine repeats or two episodes a week or something like that

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Just like how Steven Universe has a really screwed new episode format: by airing new episodes in a single week only to waste all new episodes in a single sitting and then repeat them over and over in the next weeks until they announce new episodes are in the horizon.

I'm used to that kind of thing since Mexican programming tends to be like that.

Pokegirl0102

OMG i rather they did the Yokai Watch Approach where they start the season off with a two week bomb of episodes then take two weeks off and begin airing the new episodes every Saturday.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
OMG i rather they did the Yokai Watch Approach where they start the season off with a two week bomb of episodes then take two weeks off and begin airing the new episodes every Saturday.

They'd have to postpone the premiere until June or so in order to have enough existing episodes to support that.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
They'd have to postpone the premiere until June or so in order to have enough existing episodes to support that.

Ew that'd be way too long of a hiatus; I'd prefer the one episode a week scheduling. Unless they start airing it soon on Teletoon then I guess it might not be that bad since the episodes will still be coming out. How long does it take Teletoon to come off of hiatus btw? Like a month or so?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
We really aren't getting the dub of the Cilan episode are we? That sucks, it was a million times better than "The Legend" and would appeal to more people than a episode without any major characters..... I really wanted to hear Sonic voicing Cilan one more time.

Wish they'd at least say something about the SM dub's release already.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pokemon is officially dead in Cartoon Network.

But don't worry. On its empty slot, the network has replaced it with its boyfriend: Teen Titans Go!

:rolleyes:

Ew :/

Anyways apparently Pokémon starts it's official debut on Disney XD on the 10th of February with the Genesect movie and then it'll rerun XY: the Series starting the 11th.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I don't understand why XY repeats are being shown when we've got SM to watch.

I assume TPCi is still dubbing so we can expect hilarious escapades to ensue. Disney only brought the rights to air.