• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
So wait they're rerunning XY rather than SM? Ah man that really sucks, the gap between Japan and the dub is going to be huge, my only hope is another country starts airing it before, hopefully CITV in the U.K.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Thing is, Disney XD have a habit of airing things in bulk, rather than weekly. I believe they did it with Yo-kai Watch, too

If that's the case it may not be too bad, but would that mean when the dub catches up they'd go back to airing reruns? If that's the case that could get annoying, I'd prefer the weekly consistency format.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So wait they're rerunning XY rather than SM? Ah man that really sucks, the gap between Japan and the dub is going to be huge, my only hope is another country starts airing it before, hopefully CITV in the U.K.

Isn't the gap always big at the beginning of a new gen though? They'll probably re-run XY in bulk until there's enough of a gap that they don't catch up to Sun/Moon too quickly, seeing as how there'll only be 14 episodes when they start.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Does Boomerang get to still repeat reruns, or is the license over for that one too?

Because I can't really stomach very old reruns happening with the current old reruns.

Pokemon's end on Cartoon Network also means it's ending on Boomerang, with Pokemon to air on the channel for the final time this weekend. Then we officially begin the Disney XD era.

Also, looking at the posts above, the fact the SM dub is not coming until April at the earliest means this will officially be the longest wait between the Japanese airing and the dubbed episodes of a new generation's saga.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah for the Season 2 premiere, they had two weeks of new episodes before it returned to its normal time slot, and then on the week of New Years, they had a whole week of new episodes
Seems that for Pokémon Sun & Moon, we'll get them at the pace just like the original series did back in late 1998. We're used to one episode a week format, but that seems to change for us come April or so. That will be about a span of 4.5 to 5 months from late November 2016 to early-mid April 2017 or late April 2017. And if it does come in April, then we'll have about 20 episodes to catch up (assuming Japan doesn't have any breaks in March/April). This is a format I can see happening since that's Disney XD's way and are re-airing the Kalos episodes daily for us to get into the format change.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I really hope the wait isn't that much longer. I just want a premiere date already :x

Yeah, and I want to know how annoying Rotom's voice will be in the dub. I've gotten used to Ms Natochenny over the years (Veronica Taylor is still #1), but I've always been fine with the other dub voice actors. The whole school except for Sophocles has good voices in my opinion. Sophocles annoys me for no particular reason so his voice actor was doomed to have my hatred from the start.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah, and I want to know how annoying Rotom's voice will be in the dub. I've gotten used to Ms Natochenny over the years (Veronica Taylor is still #1), but I've always been fine with the other dub voice actors. The whole school except for Sophocles has good voices in my opinion. Sophocles annoys me for no particular reason so his voice actor was doomed to have my hatred from the start.

Totally expecting Lisa Ortiz to release her virus voice Rotomdex.

EDIT: I almost see no change in Disney XD. It has the same Saturday morning dead slot, but it at least has a rerun early night.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Kind of disappointed that Disney XD is electing to show XY fom the start.

Makes me think that they'll just wait until series one of SM is aired in japanese and then release the dub in a block.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Kind of disappointed that Disney XD is electing to show XY fom the start.

Makes me think that they'll just wait until series one of SM is aired in japanese and then release the dub in a block.

I doubt that will happen; it'll probably start by May or June at the very latest imo

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
So apparently Disney XD will air new episodes 'every Saturday morning at 9am, and every Saturday and Sunday evening at 7:30pm' (Nintendo-insider.com). But can't see an actual airdate.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The first two SM episodes are also on the Disney XD app with the new dub opening, ending, and bgm.

New dub opening? I'm somewhat surprised, as I knew Phineas and Ferb/Star vs the force of Evil have their own openings, but I've associated Disney with Star Wars and for some reason assigned Rebels to SM having no opening...

Well, I shall check it out...