• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Mega Evolution

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Mega Gardevoir and Mega Altaria are the ones I use most often, so there.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Mines Flygon...Oh wait!
I can't believe I clicked on this about to make the exact same joke.

In all seriousness, there's not many that I like that much in comparison to the original designs. For the most part I like them equal or less.
The only ones that come to mind are: Pidgeot, Pinsir, Ampharos, Manectric, Absol, and Altaria.

KingstonUponHulbury

Design-wise, I think the stronger Megas are probably outnumbered by the weaker ones - for too many of them it seems the design guidelines are 'more spikes and detail on an unchanged body frame', which is usually a bad look. That said:

1: Mega Abomasnow. I like the original, the Mega is excellent. I love squat, bulky designs and Mega Abomasnow looks like a walking artillery platform.

2: Mega Glalie. It's terrifying and I adore it.

3: Mega Mewtwo Y. I like Mewtwo's 'dark science'/Frankenstein's Monster vibe and the Y variant amps this up with the weird telekinetic floating baby thing going on.

Honourable mention for Mega Pinsir. Pinsir is my all-time favourite 'Mon, and though the Mega is a step backwards in terms of design, it felt so gratifying to finally get real competitive love for my ace.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
  1. Mega Charizard X. We finally get the fire dragon that Charizard was always supposed to be, and it's got a cool colour scheme too.
  2. Mega Altaria. Fairy/Dragon is a pretty cool type combo.
  3. Mega Ampharos. That hair is so fabulous. :D
Honorable mentions:

• Mega Venusaur
  • Mega Mewtwo Y
  • Mega Heracross
  • Mega Houndoom
  • Mega Salamence
  • Mega Lopunny

catzeye

Writer's Block
Mines Flygon...Oh wait!

You win the internet today for that one. LOL, I'm still salty my boy flygon didn't get a mega evolution...

Back on topic. I'll be basic and say Mega Rayquaza is my favorite. I also like Mega Charizard X, Mega Swampert, Mega Lucario and Mega Ampharos.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I am so glad Flygon NEVER got a mega. I love it's design and typing as it currently is. If anything I'd like a boost to the 2 attacking stats and speed. Call it nostalgia but levitate worked so well with its typing in HGSS main battle frontier battles. Free electric and ground switch ins.

My fav mega is Gardevoir, thats the stond i used 99% of the time. Charizard3, aggron3 and Lucario2 are the second choices.

Chomp can eat dirt for all I care. The only good thing about mega chomp is that it's speed drops to 90 in mega form. It's the few times where Flygon outspeeds him without a choice scarf if chomp has speed boosting nature.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
You win the internet today for that one. LOL, I'm still salty my boy flygon didn't get a mega evolution...

Back on topic. I'll be basic and say Mega Rayquaza is my favorite. I also like Mega Charizard X, Mega Swampert, Mega Lucario and Mega Ampharos.
Everyone on my Team for Omega Ruby could Mega evolve but my Flagon was there just like :rolleyes:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The only things mega evoltion with Flygon can is improve its base stats and it's appearance. I saw a few fan made mega Flygon pics, some were good others were not to my personal liking. That's just me but ID be sceptical of its appearance and then judge if I think it improves it's appearance.

It's a story of choosing Flygon for its qualities/stats and not just because it can mega. Once he can mega then more people will jump on the Flygon bandwagon and its previous fan base would be slighted in a sense. There are those that gain a following for what they are and others that just become part of the bandwagon/mainstream. Using Flygon to KO a normally difficult opponent in a surprising way rubs salt into the opponents wounds.

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

Design-wise, I think the stronger Megas are probably outnumbered by the weaker ones - for too many of them it seems the design guidelines are 'more spikes and detail on an unchanged body frame', which is usually a bad look.
Probably they try to learn from the X-evolution Digimon which basically has the same design guidelines as you described. In my opinion, it didn't do good on Digimon (who approximately half of them are already spiky to begin with) either.

OwensJB

My top 3 Megas are Mega Blastoise, Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Sceptile. Shout out to Mega Tyranitar and Mega Beedrill even if I haven't used them myself but at least they look fantastic.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Mega Glalie and Blastoise. I have a soft spot for Mega Glalie because it helped me in Alpha Sapphire when I transferred it from the demo into my game and Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon so of course I love its Mega form.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Mega Lopunny was my favorite and signature back in ORAS days. Most teams I used were tailored, even TR sets, for it.

Mega Slowbro, Ampharos, Gallade, Mawile get honorable Mentions.

Most if not all the Megas that I like are Pokémon I like using in general.