• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fencing?

Ben Kenobi

I have considered it at one time and still do. Just haven't bothered to get around to it yet. Have researched a local club that teaches sabre.

QuailMan

Carpe Jugulum
I had bad luck at the saber tournament on the weekend: I had been warming up for about an hour when the pools were posted, and I found out that I was in pool 15, but there were 14 referees. I had to wait until a pool was done to fence (meaning that I was forced to cool down, as I didn't know how long it would be) and, to top it off, I was not warned by other pools starting, seeing as mine was first in line. 0 - 6.

QuailMan

Carpe Jugulum
I went to a fencing tournament last weekend and did alright. I fenced in both the Y14 and the Open saber, and I had to fence the same kid in the quarterfinals each time. I lost to him in the Open (14-15) and won in the Y14 (15-14), but I then lost in the semifinals of the Y14 (13-15). I sill got to stand on the podium and get a medal for Y14, which was cool.

EDIT: I actually fenced that kid in the round of 16 in the Open, but, as they were having the men and women fencing together, and the split them up for the awards, I was able to get shifted up to 8th.

Last edited: