• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Final Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitza_Elevoli

Platium Rank
I've always found these debates funny.

The main reason for remaking the older games is simply to get those older pokemon available on the newer consoles, which in this case, is the DS. On the subject of Arcues being the "God", I agree with the 'it's mythology and therefore may not be true' side of the argument. And the last time I read it, Arcues, Palkia and Dialga only created the Sinnoh Region, but that's outside the point.

Another thing neglected to be mentioned was that the only sets of games held inside the same timeline/storyline were RBY and GSC, where the hero beat off Team Rocket in Gen1, and they resurfaced 3 years later in Gen2. I know other regions are mentioned in Gen4, but none of the events are referenced, meaning it's probably a completely different timeline.

Anyways, I wont be surprised if generations 1~3 are all completely remade for DSi, seeing as it lacks a GBA Slot, meaning that, once the DS and DS Lite are all outdated and replaced by the DSi, Another method will be needed to obtain all 400+ pokemon on that single console.

More Generations, More Pokemon, More Games, More Money.

No PokeDex entry is going to put out the Fire that GameFreak started over 10 years ago, but only them themselves when they decide they've had enough.

randomspot555

Great. Another one of these "omgzers final GENZ0rz?!?!?!?!"

I like how people claim the gens have to "top" the other. The first gen had Mew, a Pokemon that can learn EVERY TM, and it's clone, said to be the most powerful.

But somehow they still managed to make more games.

BCVM22

Too bad they haven't realized that a Pokemon MMORPG could make them millions, but whatever, I won't complain too much.

To think that minds like those that work at Nintendo and Game Freak don't regularly explore and brainstorm other concepts is just crazy. They get paid to do at the world's highest level what we attempt (and so often fail) to analyze on a message board, which is develop and create.

If they haven't done something, more often than not it's because they've already thought of it and determined five good reasons why it's not a feasible idea. This goes especially for the concept of a MMORPG: save for the letters "RPG", there's nothing about the concept, the structure, the idiosyncracies or anything else that lends itself particularly well to Pokémon as a whole.

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Still, a Pokémon MMOG would be absolutely amazing. If the series EVER does end, then that would be a good way to go. You could travel anywhere, catch any Pokémon, create your own story and follow the pre-set one etc. That would be a great end to Pokémon.

But, that wouldn't seem profitable enough in Gamefreak's eyes, even though most players would pay £5.99+ every month, but what the hey? But Pokémon will continue until we stop buying the games. End of.

BCVM22

But, that wouldn't seem profitable enough in Gamefreak's eyes, even though most players would pay £5.99+ every month, but what the hey?

That's part of what I mentioned. The most prolific MMORPGs operate on a pay-to-play model, which is why a fair majority of them are played largely by teenagers and up, who have disposable income and the means to use it. Not a model particuarly conducive to Pokémon's target demographic.

oh goodness no, we all know the franchise will live for a long time. Arceus may be the God of Pokemon, BUT just the God of the Pokemon in Sinnoh. Their are several different Pokemon entities that are worshiped or told as folklores in regions. Like how Ho-oH is a myth that sparked legends of the Tin Towers and how it created three beasts out from the inferno on the burning building. With a cry of of sadness, it screeched and breathed life to the three pokemon; Suicune of the north winds, Raikou of the roaring thunders and Entei of the raging inferno. And the moral of the myth is each region has their own story and entities like I mentioned above. Kanto has Mew and is the ancestor of all Pokemon right? And Hoenn has the continent pokemon and marine Pokemon that created the sea and land and they were worshiped in Hoenn. So truth behold, there isn't a God of Pokemon, but each entity of its own has a place to be honored.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Hmm, Arceus made the universe, and there're Legendary Pokemon that rule over a lot of stuff, but there're other things they could make legends for.

What about a legendary Pokemon of the stars? Or maybe a legend for each of the planets?

Oh, that's an idea, a Pokemon for each of the planets, maybe a fifth gen could have a space station like Hoenn, and to save Earth for some badly-thought out reason, you must defeat/capture each of them...

I doubt that will happen, but if I could think of that idea instantaneously, I'm sure the Pokemon Company or whatever, could think of legends and a storyline for a fifth gen.

Maybe then we'll get a Jynx and Farfetch'D evo...

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
That's part of what I mentioned. The most prolific MMORPGs operate on a pay-to-play model, which is why a fair majority of them are played largely by teenagers and up, who have disposable income and the means to use it. Not a model particuarly conducive to Pokémon's target demographic.

Yeah, I think that's the biggest of many obstacles to this kind of game. As much as I'd enjoy it if it were made.

halloweenghost

what i do not get is.. yeah we discover pokemon history... so that means no more games?... does not make sense... there will be a fifth gen...

lvl100blastoise

As long as pokemon sells they will keep making it.

There will be another generation.

Speedyflash8

Pokemon Master
To think that minds like those that work at Nintendo and Game Freak don't regularly explore and brainstorm other concepts is just crazy. They get paid to do at the world's highest level what we attempt (and so often fail) to analyze on a message board, which is develop and create.

If they haven't done something, more often than not it's because they've already thought of it and determined five good reasons why it's not a feasible idea. This goes especially for the concept of a MMORPG: save for the letters "RPG", there's nothing about the concept, the structure, the idiosyncracies or anything else that lends itself particularly well to Pokémon as a whole.

I agree that the most likely cause that they didn't do something is because they thought of good reasons why it wouldn't be good/profitable.
Also about this whole "no more gens cuz arceus is Alpha..."
1.Just as someone said before, they might just make sinnoh the Ultimate Region or w/e
2.all of this is based on the fact that the regions all lead up and build up in order of power, which is not true.
3.As i said in #2, they dont build up in order of power. So even if they decide to make arceus the ALPHA, they dont have to make someone MORE powerful... They dont have to make each legendary more powerful than the other. For ex. Mewtwo, who was the Kanto legendary, STAYED the strongest until Arceus came along THREE GENERATIONS LATER! so they dont really go in order of power. they could still make more gens with cool, but maybe less powerful pokemon. and as the time that the 5th gen is concerned...its gonna be a WHILE!!!!!!! they arent even close to done(i think) with the diamond and pearl show(idk i dont watch it). The new gen. always is introduced first in the game, just around the time the SHOW is about to end. so until the show diamond and pearl ends...no 5th gen for you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.