• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Finding WPA passcode

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'll be quick: I'm having trouble locating the password/key needed to connect the Nintendo Wii to the internet. I am running on a WPA-Enterprise TKIP connection, so could someone give me a step by step process as to how to locate the key, if this is possible? I'm not gifted with knowledge about computers and connection, so some help would be appreciated.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This may sound cruel, but I doubt many here can help you. You have to Talk to person who set up the Network. You may have to explain, it only takes the time to "type in" the password, which takes up to 5 minutes for a long and complex password. (I've been setting up Wifi PCs for some time as well as PDAs, DS, PSPs and my Wii.)

The Password is usually created by the person who set it up. (For example: My Brother's password after a Guitar) There is a way to Log on the router and find it there, but that usually has another Custom Pass word protecting it.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt

type the following: ipconfig

enter the "Default Gateway" number (eg: 000.000.0.0) into a browser window address bar

username & password - probably "admin" & "admin" (many people don't change it)

it should be somewhere in the wireless security section

BCVM22

It's called hacking, and it's illegal.

Don't be a putz. It's not hacking to figure out the security key for your own router, knucklehead.

So I can claim I contributed something to the thread, what model is your router, Boom?

KidisMokuba

I kill ***s.
Don't be a putz. It's not hacking to figure out the security key for your own router, knucklehead.

So I can claim I contributed something to the thread, what model is your router, Boom?
How are you sure it's his router? Laptops and Computers don't need a passkey to connect. So how are you sure he's not running of off someone else?

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
You ask the person who administrates your network, the person who set up your wireless internet in other words. Your parents will know. If they don't want you to know, unfortunately there isn't much you can do as WPA is practically impossible to crack.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
the WPA key is automatically generated so no his parents won't have set it

KidisMokuba

I kill ***s.
the WPA key is automatically generated so no his parents won't have set it
They could have if they bought the router and set it up. When you set it up from the disc the router installs from, you can set the keey. Hey SB, if it IS your router, find your disc and reinstall the router, setting your own WPA key.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
On closer inspection, it seems that the router I am using is a custom one exclusive to the campus I am in. As such, security precautions have been made. I don't think I'll be able to find the key w/o performing illegal activities, so thanks to everyone who has tried to help me with this. I guess I'll have to find an alternate way to connect.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
my past 2 routers just provided automatically generated WPA keys but i suppose others may be different

i don't think it's necessary to reinstall it completely - just google for the default access username/password (usually admin/admin) & hard reset it if them details have been changed

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
On closer inspection, it seems that the router I am using is a custom one exclusive to the campus I am in. As such, security precautions have been made. I don't think I'll be able to find the key w/o performing illegal activities, so thanks to everyone who has tried to help me with this. I guess I'll have to find an alternate way to connect.

When you Log on with a Lap top do you have to Log on with via a "Web" Page? If so you can't access the net Via the Wii.