• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Full time stall!

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Full Time Stall

This is my first full dedicated Stall team so please do judge it and point out flaws:

;149;
The first team member I chose was Dragonite for that god annoying Dragon Tail set I saw a while back

;407; ;149;
Next I needed an entry hazard lead,I considered Skarm but then I turned to one if the most underrated entry hazard leads,Roserade. Tspikes=<3

;407; ;149; ;242; ;227;
I decided go with the classic SkarmBliss combo for my defensive core. Skarmory providing more entry hazards while Blissey tanks Ice attacks that Roserade and Dragonite fear

;407; ;149; ;242; ;227; :593:
After that I decided I needed a legit Ice resist so I chose Jellicent for that job,as well as sort of a mixed wall and he could spread burns. And I now have a spinblocker!

;407; ;149; ;242; ;227; :593: ;381;
Now that I had my defenses set I chose Latios to give the team an offensive punch late game. **

;407;
Roserade@Focus sash
Poison Point
Timid
252 Speed 252 SP attack 4 Defense

Toxic Spikes
Sleep powder
Substitute
Venoshock

This lead is amazing,some of the fastest toxic spikes in the metagame as well as sleep powder! Trick is to Sleep powder on the first turn and make a Sub while the opponent switches,then begin setting Tspikes down and Sleep them again then repeat (unless of course there is Sleep Clause). Venoshock is 195 BP while the enemy is poisoned (assuming Rose survive that long) and it prevents Taunt from shutting me down.

;149;
Dragonite@Sitrus Berry
Multiscale
Careful
252 HP 100 defense 158 Sp defense

Roost
Dragon Tail
Thunder wave
Earthquake/Fire Punch

The star of the show,Dragonite. This is my variation of the PHazNite set. Once hazards are down via Skarm or Rose all I have to do is Dragon Tail away. Roost to heal back up to Multiscale and Thunderwave to spread paralysis among the opponents team. The last move is used to hit steels

;242;
Blissey@Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
252 HP 252 Defense 4 SP defense

Stealth Rock
Protect
Flamethrower*
Softboiled

Blissey,the stalling behemoth everyone fears and loaths. The basic Toxic Stall set. Except without Toxic! I already have Tspikes up via Roserade so I chose to run SR instead for MORE Hazards. Flamethrower gives steels and Ferro a nasty surprise while the other moves aid it in Toxic stalling Pokemon to death.

;227;
Skarmory@Shed Shell
Impish
Sturdy
252 HP 252 Defense 4 Sp defense

Spikes
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

Death to all physical attackers,and another phaser that compliments Nite and Bliss admirabley while setting down even more hazards. A solid member of the team. Shed Shell foils any Magnezone trying to dump on me with HP Fire.

:593:
Jellicent@Lum Berry
Bold
Cursed Body
252 HP 58 Defense 200 Sp defense

Recover
Taunt
Surf
Will o wisp

Sort of a mixed wall and burns serious physical threats or Pokemon*immune to Toxic like Excadrill,Ferrothorn,Scizor,Haxorus and the like. Surf is so it isn't Taunt bait and simply Recover if the opponent is already Poisoned or got Burned to try and stall it out. I don't have a Water weakness so I used Cursed Body instead of Water Absorb so Ferro can't spam Power Whip and will be forced to switch or be Burned to death. Lum Berry cures status from other stall teams. Taunt is so my stall is even stronger

;381;
Latios@Choice specs/Soul Dew(in DW)
Timid
Levitate
252 speed 252 Sp attack 4 HP

Draco Meteor
HP Fire
Thunderbolt
Surf

A bit of offensive punch once the opponent if weary and in the brink of defeat. As soon as the opponent thinks they can muscle through the status attacks and entry hazards this Pokemon comes in and spams Draco Meteors like the mother****er he is and destroys whatever is left. HP fire is of course for steels,Thunderbolt somewhat counters rain teams and destroys even the most resilient Jellicent and runs clean through any Vaporeon or Gyarados in my way. Surf is mainly for Heatran trying to ruin my fun.

Please do rate and suggest other options. If you dare suggest Ferrothorn,it better be a goddamn perfect set.*

Last edited:

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
read the rules and fix the OP so this doesnt get locked. on jellicent, i use this set:
Jellicent@leftys
Trait:Cursed body(since this team doesn`t abuse water absorb)
252hp/52def/200spD
-Scald/Surf
-Ice Beam/Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
-Shadow Ball
Scald has a chance of burn, but Will-o-wisp has it guaranteed. Your preference, really. Shadow Ball is for dual STAB and Recover is to stay healthy. instead of lum, have blissey run heal bell

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Good suggestion,I'll make changes. And why would this get locked?

Btw I have Lum cuz I hate running more than one of the same item on a team and Dragonite has
Leftys.

Last edited:

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
pretty impressive! i cant think of much to say except i noticed you dont have any fighting moves. you could put superpower on dragonite instead of Twave, but thats about the only place you could put one up.

i rate it a .0005/10!

you should be honored. thats the highest ive rated anything, ever.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
You Roesrade=Taunt Bait

Mabye Put Giga Drain instead of Leech Seed?

That sounds interesting enough to try. And yeah Ive been fearing Taunt ever since I made this team

And to the other Rater,Superpower is illegal with Multiscale.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Good suggestion,I'll make changes. And why would this get locked?

Btw I have Lum cuz I hate running more than one of the same item on a team and Dragonite has
Leftys.

it would get locked because it doesn`t follow the format in the rules. its one of the stickys in this forum(5th gen). i would put a link, but im on my dsi atm. just read them and edit the OP

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
it would get locked because it doesn`t follow the format in the rules. its one of the stickys in this forum(5th gen). i would put a link, but im on my dsi atm. just read them and edit the OP

Ummm the format seems fine to me,I've reviewed the rules. While pretty bare minimum I don't think this will get locked anytime soon.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Even with Jellicent, this team is incredibly weak to ice (4 pokemon weak, which is a serious threat). I would add another steel type. Forretress as a replacement for Roserade would probably be a good idea, and Forretress can still act as a nice hazard-user. It could also set up screens to further help the stalling of your team. My best moveset would be Reflect/Light Screen/Toxic Spikes/Gyro Ball.

multi-scale

Leftovers on DNite is better overall instead of Sitrus berry.
I've never tried this, but apparently Scolipede is a nice lead with Spikes and TSpikes. I think there's a set in The Smog 15 on Smogon. You can try it over Roserade.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Leftovers on DNite is better overall instead of Sitrus berry.
I've never tried this, but apparently Scolipede is a nice lead with Spikes and TSpikes. I think there's a set in The Smog 15 on Smogon. You can try it over Roserade.

good call! I heard Scolipede is insanely fast,but I'm going to miss Sleep Powder :c and I only have 3 weak to ice,not 4,Skarm is neutral to it and Blissey can take 100 Ice Beams before going down.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
it doesn`t follow the format in the rules(use the sample and the blank form). not trying to annoy you, just warning you that it will get locked if it stays the same. Hmmm, have you tried a synergy calculator? it might help, so a kyurem/abamnasnow doesn`t sweep the entire team

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Taunt over Ice beam on Jellicent replace roserade with a Ferrothorn as you have SkarmBliss and Jell/Thorn the two best defensive cores around, and if this is a full stall team why use Latios? Why not use Latias it has a more defensive CM set that can utilize wish passing or recover and roar to abuse entry hazards which can be set up by your ferrothorn.

Original151Rocks

My Answer Is Yes
Are you playing with the sleep clause? BEcause competitively one only pokemon can be asleep on your opponents team at a time unless it is self induced

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Taunt over Ice beam on Jellicent replace roserade with a Ferrothorn as you have SkarmBliss and Jell/Thorn the two best defensive cores around, and if this is a full stall team why use Latios? Why not use Latias it has a more defensive CM set that can utilize wish passing or recover and roar to abuse entry hazards which can be set up by your ferrothorn.

Read the conclusion! Do not recomend Ferrothorn unless you also recomend a set for him that God would use!! O.O

Latios is my late game sweeper that cleans things up in the end and gets rid of individual threats SUCH AS SAID KYUREM OR ABOMASNOW that may break my stall. A stall team that is all defense is easily broken.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Whirlwind>Roar on Skarm since even though it's uncommon, Soundproof enemies will Lol at you. Can Skarm even learn Roar anyway? It's a bird...
And I don't recommend using Tspikes. You have so many statuses on your team, if Tspikes is down it sort of defeats the purpose. You could run dual status (Toxic+Sleep Powder) on Roserade, and then possibly Venoshock over Sub? Either way, if you do use Tspikes, I'd recommend Venoshock SOMEWHERE on that set (Or if you can, your team.) because with Roserade, it's a very attractive base 195 power, counting STAB.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Whirlwind>Roar on Skarm since even though it's uncommon, Soundproof enemies will Lol at you. Can Skarm even learn Roar anyway? It's a bird...
And I don't recommend using Tspikes. You have so many statuses on your team, if Tspikes is down it sort of defeats the purpose. You could run dual status (Toxic+Sleep Powder) on Roserade, and then possibly Venoshock over Sub? Either way, if you do use Tspikes, I'd recommend Venoshock SOMEWHERE on that set (Or if you can, your team.) because with Roserade, it's a very attractive base 195 power, counting STAB.

Point taken,and all the other statuses are there as filler or/if Roserade gets Taunted or my opponent gets a Rapid Spin in. I can't rely just on hazards to win,I need to know that if my Tspikes go away I can still spread somethig else and lay other hazards later. I will change my Roserade set.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Bump! Scolipede>Roserade? Thoughts?