• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Google+

Do you use Google+ or Facebook?

• Total voters
Do any one of you use Google+? Do you think it can be a competitor for Facebook? Do you see anything wrong with it as of now? Discuss.

Google+ is different from Facebook, as you can follow other people's posts, and you have circles. Circles are basically groups that can see your posts. For example you can post just to family, or to friends and acquaintances. This may come in handy if you just want some people to see your posts. Also, Google+ has much fewer games and the rest of the Google Accounts package comes with it, such as Calendar, Gmail, and Google Docs.

I use Google+ and I do not use Facebook.

Last edited:

Spookz

Lumos
I use both. Though I use facebook far more often since I have more friends and thus more activity going on there.

I do like Google+'s circles, I think it's safe to say there are some things we don't want everyone to see. Though facebook appears to be fighting this, you can now select who you want to see your status updates.

It's hard to say how successful Google+ will be, especially considering how similar it is to facebook, when facebook has been integrated so deeply into people's lives. But I think Google+ definitely has the bonus in that it's bundled in with gmail, and all the other handy Google account benefits. In time, I could easily see myself abandoning facebook and switching over completely to Google+ since I'm already a long time user of gmail.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Isn't Google+ still in the invitation-only phase?

I still wouldn't use it anyway, it's just another social network.

Technically I use Facebook as I have an account... that being said I haven't logged into it in God knows how long as I have all messages sent to an email account.

I've never heard of the Google+ thing and will only ever use it if I have to... social networking sites are a frivilous waste of time, effort, and energy. I have enough things to read thank you very much, so I don't need to look at people's status, posts, or play games...

I'm reading the "Bible" of Phycologists right now... and typing in between breaks.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
When Google+ is, like, completely open to everyone I'll probably try it out but right now I just use Facebook. I do like the idea of 'circles' though. Seems like a pretty good idea.

ChedWick

I use both I guess. I don't really post much on Google+ but I do check it now and then. It just doesn't have all the bells and whistles facebook has but given enough time it might.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I have both, but I use Facebook almost exclusively. Google+ really isn't much of anything right now, so it's really not all of that interesting to me. Not many people I know have one at this point.

Spookz said:
It's hard to say how successful Google+ will be, especially considering how similar it is to facebook, when facebook has been integrated so deeply into people's lives.

But then again, Twitter is extremely popular and it is also a social networking website.

ChedWick said:
It just doesn't have all the bells and whistles facebook has but given enough time it might.

What do you mean by bells and whistles?

BlazingCold

I've never used any social networking so I don't know. Although it looks quite smart.

I've been on Google+ since the day after it opened and I still don't get the hype. :(

I don't see it overtaking Facebook, but I guess we'll see when it's open to everyone.

Google+? i might use it someday, i just left Facebook due to the number of idiots posting "school on tuesday :/ don't text" and all that depressed/annoying crap.
If i do plan to use Google+ i won't add anyone who used to be on my Facebook because i don't want that depressed/annoying stuff to pop up again o_o ughhhh.

Skydra

I decline to use Facebook, but I might check out Google+. Since, of course, Google is the answer to everything.

Rave

Banned
I like how Google has taken over everything now.

My parents approved a google+ account but denied a facebook...... but google reached the max of people that can join, so l will have to wait to get invited to get an account :(