1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Grinding

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Skaisdead, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Skaisdead

Skaisdead Movers and Shakers

I saw this topic in the generation IV discussion forum, and then I thought about it a little bit. Before I fight The first Gym Leader (or the initial rival battle when applicable) I always evolve my starter Pokemon and I always have at least one other Pokemon on my team that is the same level.

On my most recent play through of Crystal, I had a level 22 Quilava and a level 22 Golbat before I battled Falkner, and before each subsequent gym battle, I would raise all of my Pokemon's levels by five as well as include one more Pokemon into my party.

Does anyone else do this?

2. elephantdog

elephantdog ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier

I do that. I start to replace Pokemon as I go along. I remember getting a Geodude and a Ledyba pretty early on with my Chikorita.

3. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

Yep, I'd replace Vileplume with Kabutops/Aerodactyl on my R/FR all the time

4. Yonowaru in Chaos

Yonowaru in Chaos gaspard de la nuit

I just go with the normal levelling up curve that the game provides, because grinding in the early stages of the games seems a bit too extreme and time consuming.

5. Adlas

Adlas Member

I usually just go along with the flow until more or less the Elite Four.

Although in my Emerald game, I told myself screw grinding and took them on with Level 45-48s. I found it pretty challenging to be honest.

6. Skaisdead

Skaisdead Movers and Shakers

Normally it would be, but I was playing my game at nearly 1600% XD

7. Froggle

Froggle Lolipop Girl

I always do that. I can't stand to not be way ahead of the gym leaders XD

Although for some reason, I always seem to be unprepared for the E4 o_O